Salt-glazed Steampunk Coffee Mug, G mark - Francois Gallissaires

3 posters

Go down

Salt-glazed Steampunk Coffee Mug, G mark - Francois Gallissaires Empty Salt-glazed Steampunk Coffee Mug, G mark - Francois Gallissaires

Post by touchdry October 1st 2018, 10:20 am

Salt-glazed Steampunk Coffee Mug, G mark - Francois Gallissaires Coffee10
Salt-glazed Steampunk Coffee Mug, G mark - Francois Gallissaires Coffee11

This is my new coffee can ... I bought it at a French (Charente) boot sale over the weekend.

It is fabulously like a Hamlyn or even a Keeler ... but neither of those. And although the G (if it IS a G) bares a close resemblance to Guy Sydenham's G ... it is not his either. So who made it?

Height 9.5cm Diameter 6.5cm
touchdry
touchdry

Male Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2018-08-13

Back to top Go down

Salt-glazed Steampunk Coffee Mug, G mark - Francois Gallissaires Empty Re: Salt-glazed Steampunk Coffee Mug, G mark - Francois Gallissaires

Post by dantheman October 1st 2018, 11:30 am

I collect saltglaze including all the potters you ruled out and have seen noting similar to your pot so I assume it isn't British

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15414
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Salt-glazed Steampunk Coffee Mug, G mark - Francois Gallissaires Empty Re: Salt-glazed Steampunk Coffee Mug, G mark - Francois Gallissaires

Post by touchdry October 1st 2018, 11:38 am

Yes ... I wondered that myself. But as you say, I have not seen anything else like it. Whilst a lot of the vintage French works are salt-glazed I cannot seem to find any contemporary pieces that have any similarity to this little can ... I will ask the same question to the French pottery forum Placedelours and see if any of their experts can shed light - if they do I shall let this forum know ... here goes ...
touchdry
touchdry

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman October 1st 2018, 11:48 am

the knob on the handle is for you thumb I assume?

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by touchdry October 1st 2018, 11:51 am

... Well ... that is how I am using it! I could almost say that it is an ergonomical delight! ... Because it works!!
touchdry
touchdry

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman October 1st 2018, 12:34 pm

this is what I look for in utilitarian pottery, Guy Sydenham would delight in improving on designs that generations of potters had left imperfect

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM September 5th 2022, 6:37 pm

By Francois Gallissaires

Salt-glazed Steampunk Coffee Mug, G mark - Francois Gallissaires Gmark_10

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31289
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum