Small glazed vase, bird or tree and EH mark - Elizabeth Houghton

3 posters

Go down

Small glazed vase, bird or tree and EH mark - Elizabeth Houghton Empty Small glazed vase, bird or tree and EH mark - Elizabeth Houghton

Post by sherlockian September 14th 2018, 8:47 pm

I'm relatively new to collecting Studio work and have been focusing on just one studio until I fell in love with this little anonymous vase (11cm high, 10cm at widest) in a fabulous brown glaze. It has a curious stamp which I can't quite work out - at various times and in different lights I think it could be a bird, a tree, or a boat! It has the initials IH or JH impressed, these were the best pictures I could capture. Any help or suggestions to research it would be appreciated - I've been searching in vain to try and identify it, thanks!

Small glazed vase, bird or tree and EH mark - Elizabeth Houghton Img_0310
Small glazed vase, bird or tree and EH mark - Elizabeth Houghton Img_0311
sherlockian
sherlockian

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2018-09-10

Back to top Go down

Small glazed vase, bird or tree and EH mark - Elizabeth Houghton Empty Re: Small glazed vase, bird or tree and EH mark - Elizabeth Houghton

Post by denbydump September 14th 2018, 9:24 pm

It's almost Elizabeth Houghton's mark with an I instead of an E....
denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 7217
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

Small glazed vase, bird or tree and EH mark - Elizabeth Houghton Empty Re: Small glazed vase, bird or tree and EH mark - Elizabeth Houghton

Post by NaomiM February 7th 2020, 1:33 am

Found some more and it's certainly by Elizabeth Houghton. The E just hasn't come out very well in the stamp

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31481
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum