Bevan? editions prints

2 posters

Go down

Bevan? editions prints Empty Bevan? editions prints

Post by bluenote February 19th 2018, 4:55 pm

Does anyone know anthing about this artist who maybe either a B Evan or have the surname Bevan?  They may be from the shropshire area or Wales. Ive picked up three screen prints all clearly signed titled and dated. An internet search has thrown nothing up Thanks

Bevan? editions prints 20180220
bluenote
bluenote

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2017-10-10

Back to top Go down

Bevan? editions prints Empty Re: Bevan? editions prints

Post by studio-pots February 19th 2018, 6:16 pm

The way that it is signed makes me feel it is most likely Bevan and so a surname. I came up with 4 possibilities, although it isn't necessarily one of them, and they were Graham, Oliver, Peter & Tony.

I have met Tony and know from the style of work that it isn't his and doing an internet search really rules out Graham and Oliver purely on their painting styles too.

Peter could be a possibility and he is still around so he is contactable.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7816
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bluenote February 19th 2018, 7:05 pm

Thanks for this. I've checked out Peter Bevan before and ruled him out for stylistic reasons. It may be someone who was clearly a practicing artist during those decades but either ceased to continue or never made the great. I've always felt that it was probably a female artist due to the subject matter , its manner of depiction and the style of writing. A print dated 86 which I didnt buy was incredibly fine in detail and feminine in its subject matter but poor in draughtsmanship. Will post another piece of their work later which demonstrates the same simplified approach to the human figure as above
bluenote
bluenote

Back to top Go down

Post by bluenote February 19th 2018, 9:35 pm

"Contentment" also from 1976 by the same artist. "Aphrodite" above went to 32 prints plus however many artist proofs were released

Bevan? editions prints 20180221
bluenote
bluenote

Back to top Go down

Post by bluenote February 19th 2018, 9:42 pm

PS. "Aphrodite" might be the closest I ever get to owning a Gustav Klimtt as I'd argue there's clearly an influence there...:-)
bluenote
bluenote

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum