Large lidded Pot with GG or CG mark - possibly Gillian Grigg, Australia

3 posters

Go down

Large lidded Pot with GG or CG mark - possibly Gillian Grigg, Australia Empty Large lidded Pot with GG or CG mark - possibly Gillian Grigg, Australia

Post by Johners2000 August 11th 2017, 11:41 am

It might be CG very hard to tell - well made though.
Large lidded Pot with GG or CG mark - possibly Gillian Grigg, Australia Img_2716
Large lidded Pot with GG or CG mark - possibly Gillian Grigg, Australia Img_2717
Large lidded Pot with GG or CG mark - possibly Gillian Grigg, Australia Img_2718
Johners2000
Johners2000

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2017-01-04

Back to top Go down

Large lidded Pot with GG or CG mark - possibly Gillian Grigg, Australia Empty Re: Large lidded Pot with GG or CG mark - possibly Gillian Grigg, Australia

Post by Johners2000 August 22nd 2017, 8:37 am

I sent images to an Australian pottery site and the woman who runs it says that this piece is probably by Gillian Grigg 1933-92, who studied at the Royal College of Art in London before moving to Australia.
Johners2000
Johners2000

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2017-01-04

Back to top Go down

Large lidded Pot with GG or CG mark - possibly Gillian Grigg, Australia Empty Re: Large lidded Pot with GG or CG mark - possibly Gillian Grigg, Australia

Post by r-and-f August 22nd 2017, 11:48 am

Here's my one. The mark seems to be C.G, not GG, and mine has a second mark which could be an H crossed with an I. Does this help or merely add to the confusion?

Large lidded Pot with GG or CG mark - possibly Gillian Grigg, Australia 20170815

Large lidded Pot with GG or CG mark - possibly Gillian Grigg, Australia 20170816
r-and-f
r-and-f

Male Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2012-02-07

https://randomtreasureblog.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by denbydump August 22nd 2017, 12:22 pm

denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 7189
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

Post by r-and-f August 22nd 2017, 4:15 pm

Yes, definitely the same IH or HI mark. So, to answer my own question, it does add to the confusion!
r-and-f
r-and-f

Male Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2012-02-07

https://randomtreasureblog.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum