Looking for a few answers about this Italian vase

3 posters

Go down

Looking for a few answers about this Italian vase Empty Looking for a few answers about this Italian vase

Post by History Pickers August 10th 2017, 10:33 pm

Looking for a few answers about this Italian vase Vase10
Looking for a few answers about this Italian vase Vase110
Looking for a few answers about this Italian vase Vase310
Looking for a few answers about this Italian vase Vase410

Love going to the thrift stores here in town and Wednesday I was there, not looking for anything in particular and came up on this vase.  It seemed pretty neat and I thought I could work it into one of our pieces of art that we do by reclaiming glass/pottery.  When I got home, I noticed the numbers on the bottom of the vase along with the label on it.. I got to looking on the internet for information and did find a little bit, but not much.  I only found one item that looked anything like this one (as far as color and texture) but it was much shorter than this one.  This vase is 12 inches tall and 3.5 inches around at the top.  It is in perfect condition and the label and numbers are very legible.  I was just wondering if someone could tell me about when this might have been made, where it might have been made and how much it might be worth.  I hate to use something on one of our pieces if it is something that someone might be looking for.  Thank you in advance for your response.
History Pickers
History Pickers

Female Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-08-10

Back to top Go down

Looking for a few answers about this Italian vase Empty Re: Looking for a few answers about this Italian vase

Post by NaomiM August 10th 2017, 10:58 pm

Signed Italy and numbered, with a Rosenthal Nitter retail label. c.60s-70s era I think. It might well be by Bitossi but the numbers often refer to the retailer rather than the manufacturer.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31419
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Looking for a few answers about this Italian vase Empty Re: Looking for a few answers about this Italian vase

Post by History Pickers August 11th 2017, 2:20 pm

Thank you for your response NaomiM. It just amazes me how it is in such good shape for being that old!! Do you have any idea what it might be worth? I'm not sure what I will do with it as far as repurposing it or just possibly using it around the house. :-)
History Pickers
History Pickers

Female Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM August 11th 2017, 6:49 pm

Sorry, we don't discuss values because it's so subjective. Best to check out completed listings on eBay to give you an idea of the price range. Even if it is Bitossi it's not one of the more popular designs like their Rimini blue range.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by philpot August 12th 2017, 9:04 am

Itspretty much standard tourist work.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6381
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM August 12th 2017, 1:42 pm

If it had been made and sold in Italy then it wouldn't need the export mark. Most likely made to be sold within the US. There are a lot of Bitossi and other Italian designs which we don't see in Europe because they were specifically made for the US market.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum