Bourne denby bed warmer???

Go down

Bourne denby bed warmer???

Post by Mountfo on August 4th 2017, 9:41 pm

Good evening I hope someone could help me here. I dug this up at work the others day and was wondering if someone could point me in the rite direction as to what it is and when it was made. It has been stamped on the base with bourne denby England and some initials.
Many thanx matt


Number of posts : 1
Location : Suffolk
Registration date : 2017-08-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bourne denby bed warmer???

Post by denbydump on August 4th 2017, 11:30 pm

Hi Mountfo and welcome to the forum.

Technically it is known as a foot warmer. Denby produced huge numbers of these,
from the 19th century until well into the 1930s. This plain one is the most common
and many have survived, though nice to have the original stopper with it.
The rubber seals do perish.
The impressed mark could be from 1895, difficult to see in the pic.

The novelty/decorative/advertising ones are the more sought after.

Number of posts : 3502
Location : Derbyshire
Registration date : 2014-06-01

Back to top Go down

Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum