Dark Pink Rose Colored Vase with Flower Design, Japanese Kanji Mark

2 posters

Go down

Dark Pink Rose Colored Vase with Flower Design, Japanese Kanji Mark Empty Dark Pink Rose Colored Vase with Flower Design, Japanese Kanji Mark

Post by Hierocles May 22nd 2017, 12:02 am

I have this beautiful 5 1/2" high  ART POTTERY VASE  with a small lipped mouth and a bulbous body in a rich dark pink glaze with  wonderful stylized lotus designs in shades of blue, green, white and olive glazes with what appears to be a wax resist outline revealing the bare pottery surface around the flowers as well as a band that completely encircles the vase just below the decoration.

It has an unidentifed impressed mark underfoot with what appears to be a Tree or a leaf in an 'oval'. I thought it may be Austrian or German, circa 1900-1930's but I haven't been able to actually identify the maker or the time frame. If anyone has any information I would be most grateful. Thanks in advance.rose  

Dark Pink Rose Colored Vase with Flower Design, Japanese Kanji Mark Mauvev10
Dark Pink Rose Colored Vase with Flower Design, Japanese Kanji Mark Mauvev12
Dark Pink Rose Colored Vase with Flower Design, Japanese Kanji Mark Mauvev13
Dark Pink Rose Colored Vase with Flower Design, Japanese Kanji Mark Mauvev15
Dark Pink Rose Colored Vase with Flower Design, Japanese Kanji Mark Mauvev14
Hierocles
Hierocles

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2017-05-19

Back to top Go down

Dark Pink Rose Colored Vase with Flower Design, Japanese Kanji Mark Empty Re: Dark Pink Rose Colored Vase with Flower Design, Japanese Kanji Mark

Post by NaomiM May 22nd 2017, 1:02 am

The mark looks Japanese to my eye.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31292
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Dark Pink Rose Colored Vase with Flower Design, Japanese Kanji Mark Empty Re: Dark Pink Rose Colored Vase with Flower Design, Japanese Kanji Mark

Post by Hierocles May 22nd 2017, 1:39 am

Thank you. I thought it might be as well but I really have no knowledge of Japanese or Chinese pottery. The decoration doesn't look like it is Japanese but is it possible it was made for an American or European clientele?
Hierocles
Hierocles

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2017-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM May 22nd 2017, 1:59 am

Yes, looks very Westernised. The lack of a red 'Japan' or 'Foreign' stamp for mid-Century Country of origin import regulations could mean it's fairly new.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31292
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum