Pottery Bowl With Relief Painted Women's Faces, Signed

2 posters

Go down

Pottery Bowl With Relief Painted Women's Faces, Signed Empty Pottery Bowl With Relief Painted Women's Faces, Signed

Post by Hierocles May 21st 2017, 11:47 pm

I have this really interesting and lovely signed pottery/ stoneware bowl, but I can't make out the signature. I am not even sure if it is turned correctly in the photo, but I am hoping someone may recognize the artist. It would be awesome to find out who made it and when it was made.

The bowl measures almost 5 3/4" high by about 7" across. It is a tan stoneware body with a speckled semi-white glaze. It features the faces of two women, and grape clusters and leaves. The rim is a gold glaze. It is a beautiful piece and in excellent condition. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. I bought this at an estate sale in the Pacific Northwest over 20 years ago.Pottery Bowl With Relief Painted Women's Faces, Signed Women_15
Pottery Bowl With Relief Painted Women's Faces, Signed Women_12
Pottery Bowl With Relief Painted Women's Faces, Signed Women_10
Pottery Bowl With Relief Painted Women's Faces, Signed Women_11
Pottery Bowl With Relief Painted Women's Faces, Signed Women_14
Pottery Bowl With Relief Painted Women's Faces, Signed Women_13
Pottery Bowl With Relief Painted Women's Faces, Signed Women_18
Pottery Bowl With Relief Painted Women's Faces, Signed Women_17
Pottery Bowl With Relief Painted Women's Faces, Signed Women_16
Hierocles
Hierocles

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2017-05-19

Back to top Go down

Pottery Bowl With Relief Painted Women's Faces, Signed Empty Re: Pottery Bowl With Relief Painted Women's Faces, Signed

Post by Johners2000 May 27th 2017, 6:12 pm

Karen Atherley does women decorated work.
Johners2000
Johners2000

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2017-01-04

Back to top Go down

Pottery Bowl With Relief Painted Women's Faces, Signed Empty Re: Pottery Bowl With Relief Painted Women's Faces, Signed

Post by Hierocles May 28th 2017, 3:47 pm

Thank you for the information. I had never heard of her and do like her work. However, this is most definitely not Karen Atherley. The designs on this bowl are raised and painted and she signs her work with her entire name. The signature on this bowl is completely different than hers.
Hierocles
Hierocles

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2017-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum