Stoneware Tankard or Mug, Spring shaped Mark To Base Of Handle, Australian?

3 posters

Go down

Stoneware Tankard or Mug, Spring shaped Mark To Base Of Handle, Australian? Empty Stoneware Tankard or Mug, Spring shaped Mark To Base Of Handle, Australian?

Post by RoyJ99 May 17th 2017, 12:58 am

Picked up this nice mug today, having trouble deciphering the mark, looks to me as though there is an M in there somewhere. Any help as always appreciated. Thank you.

Stoneware Tankard or Mug, Spring shaped Mark To Base Of Handle, Australian? Dscf3013

Stoneware Tankard or Mug, Spring shaped Mark To Base Of Handle, Australian? Dscf3015

Stoneware Tankard or Mug, Spring shaped Mark To Base Of Handle, Australian? Dscf3014
RoyJ99
RoyJ99

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2013-06-12

Back to top Go down

Stoneware Tankard or Mug, Spring shaped Mark To Base Of Handle, Australian? Empty Re: Stoneware Tankard or Mug, Spring shaped Mark To Base Of Handle, Australian?

Post by NaomiM May 17th 2017, 2:36 am

Not a mark I've come across before. Nice ash glaze. The straight wire cut across the base reminds me of US studio pottery

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31289
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Stoneware Tankard or Mug, Spring shaped Mark To Base Of Handle, Australian? Empty Re: Stoneware Tankard or Mug, Spring shaped Mark To Base Of Handle, Australian?

Post by NaomiM May 17th 2017, 11:31 am

I'm wondering if the mark is a spring. There is a Spring... Pottery in Australia-NZ but I can't find it atm

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Essenjay May 17th 2017, 11:56 am

Haha, I thought it was a stylized anteater with extra long legs!
Essenjay
Essenjay

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2013-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM May 17th 2017, 2:05 pm

Lol! Well whatever it is I think it's a partial mark

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyJ99 May 17th 2017, 5:57 pm

The mark does continue however it is not as deeply impressed and with the sharp line between the glaze and the un-glazed body it doesn't show well in the photos. Basically the circle continues as would be expected and the fingers extend slightly further, that's it, no hidden surprises.
RoyJ99
RoyJ99

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2013-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum