Australian pottery mark- R in a diamond - Bali?

Go down

Australian pottery mark- R in a diamond - Bali?  Empty Australian pottery mark- R in a diamond - Bali?

Post by Hollyamber on February 5th 2017, 4:35 am

Hi there, any help to identify this pottery would be appreciated. I have acquired a collection and would love to know the artist. Impressed capital R inside a diamond shape.
Australian pottery mark- R in a diamond - Bali?  Img_6010
Australian pottery mark- R in a diamond - Bali?  Img_6011
Hollyamber
Hollyamber

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2015-02-01

Back to top Go down

Australian pottery mark- R in a diamond - Bali?  Empty Re: Australian pottery mark- R in a diamond - Bali?

Post by NaomiM on February 22nd 2020, 4:20 pm

A lot of similar ones with green or blue glaze and applied lizards and frogs are made in Vietnam and Bali

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 22323
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Australian pottery mark- R in a diamond - Bali?  Empty Re: Australian pottery mark- R in a diamond - Bali?

Post by philpot on February 22nd 2020, 4:39 pm

I would agree with Naomi. The fancy stuff on those pieces, the grapes and leaves, and the frogs? and leaves are moulded pieces applied on top of the bowl. Not something any studio potter who practices as an individual would really ever do. It would be entirely against the ethos of studio pottery, as the very process of indicates mass production
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 3339
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum