ID of Pottery Mark on pair of hand etched vases

Go down

ID of Pottery Mark on pair of hand etched vases Empty ID of Pottery Mark on pair of hand etched vases

Post by NancyJean on November 2nd 2016, 1:06 am

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me identify the maker or country of origin on these hand etched pottery vases. Thank you in advance for looking.
Nancy
NancyJean
NancyJean

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2014-04-08

Back to top Go down

ID of Pottery Mark on pair of hand etched vases Empty Re: ID of Pottery Mark on pair of hand etched vases

Post by Mordeep on November 2nd 2016, 6:00 am

Hi Nancy

These vases appear to have grabbed a bit of every culture on the Mediterranean. With really clear Egyptian and Greek imagery. The fact it carries Chinese and English writing underneath also tells us two things. It was made to sell in Europe and it was made in the far east. Even without looking I guessed Vietnam but when you type into google Minh long you get that confirmed.

So Vietnam. I am guessing the late 1980's early 1990's. Not sure the Factory makes much difference to these at the moment. They are like the Italian/East German ceramics were 30 years ago. Low priced, decorators items from largely unknown factories. Could be ones for the future if you find the right designs that better reflect the culture they came from.
Mordeep
Mordeep

Male Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2015-06-05

Back to top Go down

ID of Pottery Mark on pair of hand etched vases Empty Re: ID of Pottery Mark on pair of hand etched vases

Post by NaomiM on November 2nd 2016, 9:18 am

How do I stop the photos scrolling long enough to see the mark?

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 22280
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

ID of Pottery Mark on pair of hand etched vases Empty ID of Pottery Mark on pair of hand etched vases

Post by NancyJean on November 4th 2016, 5:54 pm

Hi, Interesting, thank you so very much for the information. That explains the disparate marks! I very much appreciate your help, I had no idea where to begin...
Best,
Nancy
NancyJean
NancyJean

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2014-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum