skay
Nic
Davee
l33ham180
dantheman
18 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Peterborough - Festival of Antiques  - Page 5 Empty Re: Peterborough - Festival of Antiques

Post by big ed March 17th 2014, 7:45 pm

would have liked to have gone to this one ,but got a lot on this week , i assume by saturday all good stuff gone  Shrugs 
big ed
big ed

Male Number of posts : 11942
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Peterborough - Festival of Antiques  - Page 5 Empty Re: Peterborough - Festival of Antiques

Post by dantheman March 17th 2014, 7:48 pm

I usually go on the Saturday Ed and mostly I find lots of pottery to buy.
The last one was a total bust though....

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15417
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by l33ham180 March 17th 2014, 7:50 pm

I would love to take the wife Saturday but as it happens I am working so I will be aloud out on my own on the Friday. leaving mine about 5-30 to get there for 7ish
l33ham180
l33ham180

Male Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2009-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed March 17th 2014, 7:57 pm

dantheman wrote:I usually go on the Saturday Ed and mostly I find lots of pottery to buy.
The last one was a total bust though....

I know it's pot luck ,sometimes there great and other times you can't find anything at all , trying to persuade Kath to take a drive through but no luck as yet .
big ed
big ed

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots March 17th 2014, 10:17 pm

It's a long way from South Wales on the off chance of finding something.

I went on the Friday last time so it could have been a case of me buying everything so there was nothing left for Dan but that wasn't so.

By chance I am passing by on Saturday on the way to my mother's but am not sure if I can be bothered to make the couple of miles detour and spend several hours looking. We'll see.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7817
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed March 18th 2014, 1:39 pm

It is a long way SP, I see there is another in october , we tend to go 1 week every year when swinderby & Newark follow each other although Swinderby has been a bit of a flop to often for my liking , same old faces same old stuff yr after yr , they even lay the crap out the same way it's as if they have been there all year . Laughter 
big ed
big ed

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman March 18th 2014, 1:43 pm

Nic said the last Lincoln fair was the best in years

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman March 18th 2014, 1:45 pm

studio-pots wrote:It's a long way from South Wales on the off chance of finding something.

I went on the Friday last time so it could have been a case of me buying everything so there was nothing left for Dan but that wasn't so.

By chance I am passing by on Saturday on the way to my mother's but am not sure if I can be bothered to make the couple of miles detour and spend several hours looking. We'll see.

I have found some lovely pottery there over the past 8 years SP and what's a couple of miles?

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed March 18th 2014, 1:58 pm

dantheman wrote:Nic said the last Lincoln fair was the best in years

I suppose it depends on what your looking for , Newark has usually been pretty good for me , not always but most times . distance does come into it though Dan , £50 in petrol, maybe accomodation for a night , plus entry money, it all adds up probably a ton before you start , not many from the lincoln area would travel over here to Shepton Or Malvern Or Builth wells ( all good fairs ) because of costs .
big ed
big ed

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman March 18th 2014, 2:56 pm

yes you would have better odds staying for the Lincoln and Newark fairs so you're guaranteed to find some big profit pots

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots March 19th 2014, 1:52 pm

dantheman wrote:
studio-pots wrote:It's a long way from South Wales on the off chance of finding something.

I have found some lovely pottery there over the past 8 years SP and what's a couple of miles?

I am changing over the pots that I have on show at the moment and, as always when things have to be put away, I can't find anywhere for them to go. I suspect that this feeling of having far to much stock is the reason for me not feeling too excited but when I am near Peterborough on the A1 who knows what I'll do!

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman March 19th 2014, 4:10 pm

fairs are not just for buying SP  Rolling Eyes

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed March 19th 2014, 4:33 pm

For Selling as well  Laughter 
big ed
big ed

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman March 19th 2014, 5:29 pm

good Ed

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by l33ham180 March 21st 2014, 5:47 pm

anybody else go today ? grabbed a couple of bits but nothing special
l33ham180
l33ham180

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman March 21st 2014, 6:03 pm

no I'm going tomorrow   Sad

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by l33ham180 March 21st 2014, 7:08 pm

the layout with the outside stalls has slightly changed ( because of the wet ground ) but there also seemed slightly less stallholders than normal . still worth going though .
l33ham180
l33ham180

Back to top Go down

Post by philpot March 21st 2014, 7:42 pm

We went today.The outside stalls were very disappointing.Not many,and the stock quality being pretty indifferent. Partially offset by a better quality inside.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6381
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots March 27th 2014, 6:01 pm

After the comments above from people who visited on Friday, I continued up the A1 on Saturday and gave it a miss.

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman September 20th 2014, 10:09 pm

the next fair will be held on the 3rd and 4th of October

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman October 3rd 2014, 4:52 pm

just returned from the fair and it was back to the standards of pre credit crunch Britain with lots of lovely 20th century design and lots of happy buyers and sellers.
The best fair this year! Most Excellent

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots October 3rd 2014, 6:55 pm

Sounds like you had a good day and it is good to have some positive news about a fair.

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by Nic October 5th 2014, 12:43 pm

Nine times in ten when I recognised something nice from my field, it had a price tag that would have made anyone outside of a London gallery weep.

Managed to get by on a few sensibly priced smalls tucked away in darkened corners, and a few speculative items that were cheap enough to take a punt on - but it was hard work.

Did get a bargain early Holmegaard vase, though, so it wasn't all doom and gloom.
Nic
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.wilsonandcoleman.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman October 5th 2014, 2:59 pm

did you go on the Saturday Nic?

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by Nic October 5th 2014, 3:54 pm

Nope. Was there 7am on the dot, Friday morning. 

The main problem with Peterborough has always been that the Thursday, ostensibly set aside for dealers to stall out, is the first day of trading.

Unless you can blag spare car passes, or are willing to pay for a stall with no intention of stalling, the two "official" days are just sloppy seconds.
Nic
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.wilsonandcoleman.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum