Please help me with this studio pottery flower bowl with signature

4 posters

Go down

Please help me with this studio pottery flower bowl with signature Empty Please help me with this studio pottery flower bowl with signature

Post by Squash May 3rd 2016, 1:40 am

This is a pretty little bowl with a floral design, about 5" in diameter, hand-painted, with an elaborate signature on the bottom, but I am having a lot of trouble reading it, and I've no idea where the bowl is from. Any help is much appreciated. My apologies for the bad pictures. Thank you!

Please help me with this studio pottery flower bowl with signature Img_3910
Please help me with this studio pottery flower bowl with signature Img_4010
Please help me with this studio pottery flower bowl with signature Img_4110
Squash
Squash

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2016-02-24

Back to top Go down

Please help me with this studio pottery flower bowl with signature Empty Re: Please help me with this studio pottery flower bowl with signature

Post by Squash May 27th 2016, 8:12 pm

bumping thanks
Squash
Squash

Back to top Go down

Please help me with this studio pottery flower bowl with signature Empty Re: Please help me with this studio pottery flower bowl with signature

Post by studio-pots May 27th 2016, 10:04 pm

I wonder if the last word is Holland i.e. Dutch?

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7816
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 22 Crawford St. May 27th 2016, 10:16 pm

I may be wrong but the decs just don't have the fluency you would expect from an experienced decorator. the black lining is short and changes in thickness, the little marks round the rim change direction. The signature is just odd. There seems very little ware to the base, not dirt spots. I think it's recent.
22 Crawford St.
22 Crawford St.

Male Number of posts : 5607
Registration date : 2009-12-19

http://www.briglin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Squash May 27th 2016, 10:30 pm

Thanks! As for its being recent, I am by no means an expert in pottery (FAR from it) but it has a feel of being not very recent to me, and plus it came from the home of a nonagenarian. I was thinking it might be mid-century.... I'll look into the Dutch idea!
Squash
Squash

Back to top Go down

Post by denbydump May 27th 2016, 10:42 pm

Dunno, I'd be thinking more Middle East, North African somehow.
denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 7189
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

Post by Squash May 27th 2016, 10:50 pm

OK, thanks for the suggestion, I'll try out that too.
Squash
Squash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum