Retro wall hanging with charred wood and various threads artist?

3 posters

Go down

Retro wall hanging with charred wood and various threads artist? Empty Retro wall hanging with charred wood and various threads artist?

Post by debbie32 April 7th 2016, 2:34 pm

Hi I have this wall hanging and wondered if anyone recognised the artist? it measures 28 x22 and is a lovely thing made with various types of thread threaded across and at angles to the maion weave and has charred wood (veneer?) at either end. Im not really up to date with this type of art so any help would be really appreciated. Thanks Debbie

Retro wall hanging with charred wood and various threads artist? Img_2020
Retro wall hanging with charred wood and various threads artist? Img_2021
Retro wall hanging with charred wood and various threads artist? Img_2023
Retro wall hanging with charred wood and various threads artist? Img_2022
debbie32
debbie32

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2016-01-09

Back to top Go down

Retro wall hanging with charred wood and various threads artist? Empty Re: Retro wall hanging with charred wood and various threads artist?

Post by debbie32 May 28th 2016, 4:52 pm

I think this is now either by Tadek Beutlich or Fay Hankin who was his apprentice and used to make the weaves following his designs -she still works today.
debbie32
debbie32

Back to top Go down

Retro wall hanging with charred wood and various threads artist? Empty Re: Retro wall hanging with charred wood and various threads artist?

Post by brin mcardle May 28th 2016, 5:08 pm

Very envious
brin mcardle
brin mcardle

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by debbie32 May 29th 2016, 12:32 pm

It is lovely Brin. Im just waiting for confirmation from Fay Hankin (who is away at the moment) but Im 100% sure its theirs.
debbie32
debbie32

Back to top Go down

Post by debbie32 June 24th 2016, 1:26 pm

Confirmed as Fays work and is called ' Into the Forest' - and I have it the wrong way up so Im told !!
debbie32
debbie32

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM June 24th 2016, 6:18 pm

debbie32 wrote:Confirmed as Fays work and is called ' Into the Forest' - and I have it the wrong way up so Im told !!

*Turns screen round* Ha, yes, I can see it now Happy
Nice piece

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31420
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum