old pottery plate with no signature - Chinese? Japanese?

2 posters

Go down

old pottery plate with no signature - Chinese? Japanese? Empty old pottery plate with no signature - Chinese? Japanese?

Post by debbie32 February 13th 2016, 10:54 am

old pottery plate with no signature - Chinese? Japanese? <a href=old pottery plate with no signature - Chinese? Japanese? 10710" />
old pottery plate with no signature - Chinese? Japanese? <a href=old pottery plate with no signature - Chinese? Japanese? 10810" />

Hi again no signature mark so I'm wondering if anyone recognises the style/design?
Many thanks
debbie32
debbie32

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2016-01-09

Back to top Go down

old pottery plate with no signature - Chinese? Japanese? Empty Re: old pottery plate with no signature - Chinese? Japanese?

Post by NaomiM February 13th 2016, 11:47 am

The style is Oriental. Chinese or Vietnamese would be my best guess. I couldn't tell you how old because they are still making them, but if there are signs of wear/age then could be a couple of hundred years old, or could be made yesterday.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31419
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

old pottery plate with no signature - Chinese? Japanese? Empty Re: old pottery plate with no signature - Chinese? Japanese?

Post by debbie32 February 16th 2016, 2:57 pm

Thanks Naomi - it looks quite old to me. I will keep my eyes open in case something similar turns up. :)
debbie32
debbie32

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2016-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum