Settle an Iitala Ultima Thule disagreement please.

Go down

Settle an Iitala Ultima Thule disagreement please.  Empty Settle an Iitala Ultima Thule disagreement please.

Post by speaktothequeen on November 30th 2015, 10:31 pm

Settle an Iitala Ultima Thule disagreement please.  966955 I have a nice bowl that I believe to be Ultima Thule. My friend who has a shop that I consign in sent it back because the raised "bubbles" on the bottom are more widely spaced than in Ultima Thule examples in her shop. I found a piece, different size and form, of contemporary IItala Ultima Thule with the wider spacing of "bubbles" or bumps found on my piece. I believe it to be a discounted piece of recent Iitalla Ultima Thule, although I have not been able to find it on the internet. I want to put it out in my shop and do not want to misrepresent it. My friend thinks that it is a knock off!
It is just over 10 3/4 inches and diameter and 3 1/8' tall. Photo of the pesky bottom to follow.
Settle an Iitala Ultima Thule disagreement please.  Img_5717
speaktothequeen
speaktothequeen

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2014-05-13

Back to top Go down

Settle an Iitala Ultima Thule disagreement please.  Empty Re: Settle an Iitala Ultima Thule disagreement please.

Post by speaktothequeen on November 30th 2015, 10:33 pm

Settle an Iitala Ultima Thule disagreement please.  Img_5718
speaktothequeen
speaktothequeen

Back to top Go down

Settle an Iitala Ultima Thule disagreement please.  Empty Re: Settle an Iitala Ultima Thule disagreement please.

Post by denbydump on November 30th 2015, 10:52 pm

We need a side-on shot, but i think this a the big bowl from a fruit set, along with
several smaller bowls.
denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 4756
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM on November 30th 2015, 10:53 pm

It doesn't look right to me, tbh. The surface texture looks wrong, and the bubbles should be in the centre

http://www.midcentury-kc.com/scandinavia/221-ultima-thule-plates-tapio-wirkkala.html

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 21282
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by speaktothequeen on November 30th 2015, 11:26 pm

Settle an Iitala Ultima Thule disagreement please.  Fullsi10

speaktothequeen
speaktothequeen

Back to top Go down

Post by denbydump on November 30th 2015, 11:28 pm

Ultima always goes "back in on it's self" if you know what I mean.
denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 4756
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

Post by speaktothequeen on November 30th 2015, 11:36 pm

Hello Denbydump, NaomiM. There is a contemporary piece with a wider bubble spacing, a serving platter. However, I agree with Denbydump- the rim is all wrong. I now think it is knock off and shall identify is as such. Sign and boo hoo.
speaktothequeen
speaktothequeen

Back to top Go down

Post by JoFish on December 1st 2015, 7:09 pm

The textured pattern on the side looks wrong for Thule too...

John
JoFish
JoFish

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Qnssekr on January 11th 2016, 2:38 pm

Email the iittala design museum. They will know for sure. iittala.museum@iittala.com
but i want to add it does not look like a thule piece.
Qnssekr
Qnssekr

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum