barium ​Glaze bowl with flower or propeller mark - John Curry, Sonoma, USA

3 posters

Go down

barium ​Glaze bowl with flower or propeller mark - John Curry, Sonoma, USA  Empty barium ​Glaze bowl with flower or propeller mark - John Curry, Sonoma, USA

Post by LaurieCanuck November 25th 2015, 10:29 pm

​Hope you can help me ID the maker of this bowl -- I'm desperate! It is 6 1/2" wide at the top and stands 2" tall. It is made of porcelain (I think), has a matte glaze, and weighs 10 oz/284 grams. The maker's mark resembles a stylized flower​. The mark is similar to Betty Blandino's, except that her's includes a border. ​That's as far as I have made it with my hours of research. ​Any ideas? Many thanks, Laurie.

barium ​Glaze bowl with flower or propeller mark - John Curry, Sonoma, USA  Myster11

barium ​Glaze bowl with flower or propeller mark - John Curry, Sonoma, USA  Myster12

barium ​Glaze bowl with flower or propeller mark - John Curry, Sonoma, USA  Myster14
LaurieCanuck
LaurieCanuck

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-11-20

Back to top Go down

barium ​Glaze bowl with flower or propeller mark - John Curry, Sonoma, USA  Empty Re: barium ​Glaze bowl with flower or propeller mark - John Curry, Sonoma, USA

Post by studio-pots November 25th 2015, 11:24 pm

Is that the maker's mark on the foot in the last picture?

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7816
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

barium ​Glaze bowl with flower or propeller mark - John Curry, Sonoma, USA  Empty Re: barium ​Glaze bowl with flower or propeller mark - John Curry, Sonoma, USA

Post by LaurieCanuck November 25th 2015, 11:54 pm

Thanks for your question. Yes, that's right. The bowl has a rimmed base and the mark is on it. It's incised and looks a bit like a flower. If you do a Google Image Search for "Betty Blandino pottery mark" you will see that hers is similar to it, but not exactly the same.
LaurieCanuck
LaurieCanuck

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM November 25th 2015, 11:59 pm

The mark looks like a C lying over another C, where as Blandino's mark is a back to front B next to B

https://www.20thcenturyforum.com/t16507-betty-blandino#127810

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31292
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by LaurieCanuck November 26th 2015, 12:04 am

A helpfull observation -- thanks.
LaurieCanuck
LaurieCanuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum