V&A Museum - Friday Late - 30th October 2015 - Pottery & Northern Soul !!!!

4 posters

Go down

V&A Museum - Friday Late - 30th October 2015 - Pottery & Northern Soul !!!! Empty V&A Museum - Friday Late - 30th October 2015 - Pottery & Northern Soul !!!!

Post by Mud Baker October 29th 2015, 12:41 am

Victoria and Albert Museum, London

http://www.vam.ac.uk/content/articles/f/friday-late/
Mud Baker
Mud Baker

Male Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2014-01-28

Back to top Go down

V&A Museum - Friday Late - 30th October 2015 - Pottery & Northern Soul !!!! Empty Re: V&A Museum - Friday Late - 30th October 2015 - Pottery & Northern Soul !!!!

Post by studio-pots October 29th 2015, 1:51 pm

Now that's a mixture that seems very tempting. Might just make the trip.

Thanks for the info, Tim.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7816
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

V&A Museum - Friday Late - 30th October 2015 - Pottery & Northern Soul !!!! Empty Re: V&A Museum - Friday Late - 30th October 2015 - Pottery & Northern Soul !!!!

Post by brin mcardle October 29th 2015, 4:42 pm

Bugger...i'm out drinking
brin mcardle
brin mcardle

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 22 Crawford St. October 29th 2015, 9:12 pm

Bugger ...i'm out drinking,

It does sound interesting, TY Mr Mud. I have a leaving doo for x2 tomorrow :(. I am going the next Friday at 6:00pm to see the Shoe Exhibition (£12) and hopefully show those who have not been before Tipu's Tiger, The oldest dateable Carpet, Trade Beads and as much ceramics as you can show a 'normal' folk till they get bored and start asking silly questions.
22 Crawford St.
22 Crawford St.

Male Number of posts : 5607
Registration date : 2009-12-19

http://www.briglin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots October 30th 2015, 10:45 pm

I did summon up the energy and went along to the V&A this evening and glad I did.

Spent time looking at the pottery on the top floor and listening to the music but also saw the "Tower of Babel" installation that is taken down on Monday.

To explain what that is I quote from the V&A website, "A major sculptural installation created for the V&A by artist Barnaby Barford, The Tower of Babel tells an array of stories about our capital city, our society and economy, and ourselves as consumers. Standing an imposing six metres high, the Tower comprises 3000 bone china shops, each one unique, each depicting a real London shop photographed by the artist. At its base the shops are derelict, while at its pinnacle are the crème-de-la-crème of London’s exclusive boutiques and galleries."

Upon asking if there were any shops in Greenwich featured I was surprise to find that the old Harlequin Gallery where I was for 10 years was there. All individual shops were for sale but the Harlequin had be bought for £210.

I spent 30 minutes or so searching the bottom third of the structure looking for it without success. It was only when I looked higher that I finally saw it.

The artist was there tonight explaining that as you went higher up the tower the shops got more exclusive. I didn't say anything but did wonder why, if that was the case, the Harlequin Gallery was three quarters of the way up the tower.

Artistic tosh, I suppose.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7816
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum