Large studio Charger with A seal mark - John Gibson?

2 posters

Go down

Large studio Charger with A seal mark - John Gibson?  Empty Large studio Charger with A seal mark - John Gibson?

Post by Mordeep September 30th 2015, 7:21 am

Hi all

Still digging through the mountain of studio I have and came across this charger. For it's size (15 inches / 38cm across) it's pretty light although not at all flimsy. I have always assumed this indicated the work of a skilled potter rather than a part time or hobby potter? The style is also interesting and done in an abstract way I like. Who made it though is a mystery. It was part of a very good collection of mainly studio bought items from Kent, that is not to say it was made in Kent but was probably purchased from an artist studio or craft shop in the south of England. Comes with a stamp mark I take to be an A?

Hope someone has seen the work before and can give me a name.

Cheers

Large studio Charger with A seal mark - John Gibson?  Img_2012
Large studio Charger with A seal mark - John Gibson?  Img_2013
Large studio Charger with A seal mark - John Gibson?  Img_2014
Large studio Charger with A seal mark - John Gibson?  Img_2015
Large studio Charger with A seal mark - John Gibson?  Img_2016
Mordeep
Mordeep

Male Number of posts : 851
Registration date : 2015-06-05

Back to top Go down

Large studio Charger with A seal mark - John Gibson?  Empty Re: Large studio Charger with A seal mark - John Gibson?

Post by NaomiM October 1st 2015, 8:16 pm

Beautiful piece.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 24942
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Large studio Charger with A seal mark - John Gibson?  Empty Re: Large studio Charger with A seal mark - John Gibson?

Post by Mordeep October 3rd 2015, 8:28 pm

Thanks NaomiM. I'm still no closer to an artist but will keep digging. In the mean time be ok to live with I guess Happy Happy
Mordeep
Mordeep

Male Number of posts : 851
Registration date : 2015-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM October 3rd 2015, 8:45 pm

We has a couple of pieces with stamped pattern and crisscrossed slipware but in brighter colours. Jug &/or vase. It was IDed but can't remember the potter's name. I think he was a lecturer. Ring any bells for anyone? - John Gibson

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 24942
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum