Huge hard wood plinths! what re they for?

2 posters

Go down

Huge hard wood plinths! what re they for? Empty Huge hard wood plinths! what re they for?

Post by eshearm May 26th 2015, 1:23 pm

Hi guys acquired two of these enormous wooden "plinths". Any idea what they were used for? I was thinking they may have been of a boat? They are exceptionally heavy and approx 20" tall. Other thoughts had pillars on for room dividers? Not sure of age either?

Em

Huge hard wood plinths! what re they for? Img_2710

Huge hard wood plinths! what re they for? Img_2711

Huge hard wood plinths! what re they for? Img_2712

Huge hard wood plinths! what re they for? Img_2713
eshearm
eshearm

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2013-10-20

Back to top Go down

Huge hard wood plinths! what re they for? Empty Re: Huge hard wood plinths! what re they for?

Post by NaomiM May 26th 2015, 1:31 pm

One end looks axe cut while the other looks turned, so may be part of larger pillars that have been chopped down to smaller sizes. The wood looks like teak so part of a ship is a possibility, or maybe just made somewhere where teak is a common wood and used as pot stands, maybe - but then you'd expect one end to be finished off smoothly.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31292
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Huge hard wood plinths! what re they for? Empty Re: Huge hard wood plinths! what re they for?

Post by eshearm May 26th 2015, 1:34 pm

I think the hand finished end is the base, yes that's why I was thinking shipping? E
eshearm
eshearm

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2013-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum