Oribe style Pottery Lidded Box - Identification help appreciated

Go down

Oribe style Pottery Lidded Box - Identification help appreciated Empty Oribe style Pottery Lidded Box - Identification help appreciated

Post by ClaraIreland2 January 23rd 2015, 4:22 pm

Good evening and thank you for your time. I wonder if you have any information on the maker of this pottery piece please? I believe it is influenced by Oribe. I have seen similar described as being by a gifted potter called Tadashi. Your help is valued. many thanks

Oribe style Pottery Lidded Box - Identification help appreciated Dsc02310
Oribe style Pottery Lidded Box - Identification help appreciated Dsc02311
Oribe style Pottery Lidded Box - Identification help appreciated Dsc02313
ClaraIreland2
ClaraIreland2

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2014-01-27

Back to top Go down

Oribe style Pottery Lidded Box - Identification help appreciated Empty Re: Oribe style Pottery Lidded Box - Identification help appreciated

Post by studio-pots January 25th 2015, 3:57 pm

Any chance of an image of the marks that is visible?

It is Japanese and Oribe.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 6629
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Oribe style Pottery Lidded Box - Identification help appreciated Empty Re: Oribe style Pottery Lidded Box - Identification help appreciated

Post by studio-pots February 2nd 2015, 8:05 am

Further to my post above, I will be able to say if it is by Sasaki Tadashi or not if I can see a clear image of the mark, as I know what it should be.

From the picture above I can say that it does appear to have been made in the Seto/Mino regions of Japan where Oribe is one of the traditional styles.

However, I have my doubts that it is by him, as the impressed seal doesn't appear as I would expect it to, the potting is rather "tight" and there is no wooden box.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 6629
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum