Scraffito Nude and Sailing boat - Sylph Baier and Graham Evans, Brighton

+2
big ed
cookiepops
6 posters

Go down

Scraffito Nude and Sailing boat - Sylph Baier and Graham Evans, Brighton  Empty Scraffito Nude and Sailing boat - Sylph Baier and Graham Evans, Brighton

Post by cookiepops October 10th 2014, 7:46 pm

Lovelllyyyyyy piece, not something I have ever come across before.  Absolutely no idea of origin, although European?  Any ideas please?

Scraffito Nude and Sailing boat - Sylph Baier and Graham Evans, Brighton  Dscf4710
Scraffito Nude and Sailing boat - Sylph Baier and Graham Evans, Brighton  Dscf4711
Scraffito Nude and Sailing boat - Sylph Baier and Graham Evans, Brighton  Dscf4712
cookiepops
cookiepops

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2012-01-21

Back to top Go down

Scraffito Nude and Sailing boat - Sylph Baier and Graham Evans, Brighton  Empty Re: Scraffito Nude and Sailing boat - Sylph Baier and Graham Evans, Brighton

Post by big ed October 10th 2014, 8:33 pm

sylph baier , sussex
big ed
big ed

Male Number of posts : 11942
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Scraffito Nude and Sailing boat - Sylph Baier and Graham Evans, Brighton  Empty Re: Scraffito Nude and Sailing boat - Sylph Baier and Graham Evans, Brighton

Post by dantheman October 10th 2014, 8:55 pm

I just looked on Google images for sylph baier nude and got more than I bargained for! Embarrassed

Big Laughter

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15416
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM October 10th 2014, 9:29 pm

Gorgeous.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31481
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman October 10th 2014, 9:54 pm

oh you Googled it too Most Excellent

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15416
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM October 10th 2014, 10:32 pm

I have parental controls :)

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by cookiepops October 11th 2014, 1:34 am

bugger you lot are too good for me Clap Shock I would really really have thought European. Just check in my Yates book and there it was. How the heck did you get it straight away Ed?
cookiepops
cookiepops

Back to top Go down

Post by cookiepops October 11th 2014, 1:35 am

I just googled it too Embarrassed
cookiepops
cookiepops

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM July 3rd 2017, 10:05 pm

Sylph Baier, Brighton. Design called Storm in a Teacup (early 90s). She's now based in France.

Scraffito Nude and Sailing boat - Sylph Baier and Graham Evans, Brighton  Img_1122
Scraffito Nude and Sailing boat - Sylph Baier and Graham Evans, Brighton  Img_1123
Scraffito Nude and Sailing boat - Sylph Baier and Graham Evans, Brighton  Img_1219
Scraffito Nude and Sailing boat - Sylph Baier and Graham Evans, Brighton  Img_1221
Scraffito Nude and Sailing boat - Sylph Baier and Graham Evans, Brighton  Img_1220

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by brin mcardle July 3rd 2017, 10:36 pm

Love it !
brin mcardle
brin mcardle

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Graham Evans April 11th 2023, 7:52 am

This piece is thrown by Sylph Baier and I did the sgraffito drawing using  coloured slips. It was part of a whole range of slip ware that she threw and I painted and sgraffitoed into. The majolica boat that you also see in the thread was painted by me, but Sylph also painted this range in her own hand too.

We worked together on a variety of different ranges during the late eighties until the mid nineties at Red Herring Studios and later Tin Star Studios in Brighton.

The work was very popular, but few people know that it was me that created the decorations and painted them. With Sylph continuing the decorations when I was not available to do so.
Graham Evans
Graham Evans

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2023-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM April 11th 2023, 12:38 pm

Wonderful information. Many thanks Most Excellent

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum