Wooley & wallis

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Wooley & wallis - Page 8 Empty Re: Wooley & wallis

Post by philpot on November 8th 2019, 4:33 pm

Which is fascinating. Would agree with you. Have seen some terrific John Jelfs pieces.BUt in the secondary market his work really struggles.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 2621
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by 22 Crawford St. on November 8th 2019, 8:28 pm

We are thread-jacking Wooley I believe. 11.08.2019 Embarrassed

There is also the point have have noticed where your tastes change. I have so much stuff I can only display a fraction of it, but I always keep new items close for a month or two and strangely often my opinion changes both ways from good to bad and from bad to good. Time does strange things to your perception/opinion. I often buy things to see what the fuss is about then sell them. Wallwork for example - ....keepers! I can't get to auctions to see the stuff so you auction-goers have a big advantage if you get there early and get a chance to handle all the expensive pots.... I can't do that.
22 Crawford St.
22 Crawford St.

Male Number of posts : 2941
Registration date : 2009-12-19

http://www.briglin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman on November 8th 2019, 9:55 pm

I just spotted the 2 Fortcustard pots! You don't see them in auction houses very often

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 14150
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by philpot on November 9th 2019, 7:20 am

That is interesting ! There are always lots of them available on Ebay at any one time, and I must admit to being sorely attempted by them at times. Lovely pieces, but not quite in the style I would really like. Getting fussy!
I wonder if is somebody reselling onwards, or the Ebay person seeking new markets. With estimates of £150-£200, and similar looking pieces cheaper on Ebay, a reseller is probably going to make a loss. Will be interesting to see how they do.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 2621
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum