Waldershof....Bavaria...any idea of age..etc

3 posters

Go down

Waldershof....Bavaria...any idea of age..etc Empty Waldershof....Bavaria...any idea of age..etc

Post by brin mcardle August 12th 2014, 5:52 pm

Waldershof....Bavaria...any idea of age..etc Copied65

Waldershof....Bavaria...any idea of age..etc Copied66

Waldershof....Bavaria...any idea of age..etc Copied67
brin mcardle
brin mcardle

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

Waldershof....Bavaria...any idea of age..etc Empty Re: Waldershof....Bavaria...any idea of age..etc

Post by studio-pots August 13th 2014, 3:38 pm

I think that is would have been made at the porcelain factory started there in 1907 by Johann Haviland. Up until 1924 it was known as Johann Haviland Waldershof and then until 1936 as Waldershof AG. From then on it became part of the Rosenthal - Porzellan group and I suspect that your vase is from the Rosenthal period.

Just a guess but probably from the 1970s harking back to an earlier period.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7817
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Waldershof....Bavaria...any idea of age..etc Empty Re: Waldershof....Bavaria...any idea of age..etc

Post by brin mcardle August 13th 2014, 5:36 pm

Cheers Sire !!
brin mcardle
brin mcardle

Back to top Go down

Post by vhb64 August 14th 2014, 9:37 am

"N" stands for Neunkirchner Waldershof i think
vhb64
vhb64

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2010-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by brin mcardle August 14th 2014, 10:40 am

Thanks
brin mcardle
brin mcardle

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots August 14th 2014, 12:37 pm

vhb64 wrote:"N"   stands for Neunkirchner Waldershof   i think

Having done a little more research I think that it is from the other porcelain factory in Waldershof as vhb64 suggests i.e. The Bavaria Porcelain Factory ( Porzellan-Manufaktur Bavaria) that operated from 1925 until 1977. It appears that in later years Rosenthal in the other factory stopped using a backstamp with the word Waldershof on it, preferring to use their own brand names "Thomas" and "Classic Rose".

The Bavaria Porcelain Factory was founded by Franz Neukirchner and from the 1950s seems to have gained a reputation for its designs incorporating gold. After the death of the founder in 1971 the company ran into financial difficulties and in 1977 production ceased.

That does mean that your vase must have be made during or before 1977 so my guess at a date still seems reasonable but maybe I ought to change it to 1960s/1970s.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7817
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brin mcardle August 14th 2014, 12:45 pm

Thanks again
brin mcardle
brin mcardle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum