Abstract Art Pottery Vase ( Fun to look at :) But Can not ID Help needed..

4 posters

Go down

Abstract Art Pottery Vase ( Fun to look at  :) But Can not ID Help needed.. Empty Abstract Art Pottery Vase ( Fun to look at :) But Can not ID Help needed..

Post by Pin2 July 11th 2014, 7:09 am

Abstract Art Pottery Vase ( Fun to look at  :) But Can not ID Help needed.. <a href=Abstract Art Pottery Vase ( Fun to look at  :) But Can not ID Help needed.. 10492112" />
Hi There
I find this fella yesterday, Very much fun to look at very enjoyable pottery vase make you smile :). Once upon a time it does looks like  had a signature on the base but now it is impossible to read.. More then half cleared out.

Did anyone see something similar or can you help me how can i try to research about it  i have no idea..

Thank you

P
Pin2
Pin2

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-11-22

Back to top Go down

Abstract Art Pottery Vase ( Fun to look at  :) But Can not ID Help needed.. Empty Re: Abstract Art Pottery Vase ( Fun to look at :) But Can not ID Help needed..

Post by studio-pots July 11th 2014, 7:37 am

An image of the base will always be of significant help.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7816
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Abstract Art Pottery Vase ( Fun to look at  :) But Can not ID Help needed.. Empty Re: Abstract Art Pottery Vase ( Fun to look at :) But Can not ID Help needed..

Post by Pin2 July 11th 2014, 8:09 am

Thank you I realy not care is it touristic piece or not just want to find out.. But there is almost nothing on the base.
Abstract Art Pottery Vase ( Fun to look at  :) But Can not ID Help needed.. 20140710

Abstract Art Pottery Vase ( Fun to look at  :) But Can not ID Help needed.. 20140711
Pin2
Pin2

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM July 11th 2014, 10:16 am

I think it's made in Mexico. As you say, a tourist piece. A lot of fun  Happy looks like the figure - Indian - is dancing round a camp fire. May be made on a pueblo by one of the Native American Tribes. I don't think you'll find the individual potter but you might find the tribe.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31292
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pin2 July 11th 2014, 10:26 am

i can say it is not mexican, May Portugal and Spanish as they have a lot of Miro Inspired artist to But my first thought was american. This is coming a very old lady who past away last mount :( and they told me she had a very unique interesting collection.. I thought it is a camp fire then i look details and it is actually a cliff :) you can see the river there..
Interesting one foot on the land one foot on the air..
Pin2
Pin2

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed July 11th 2014, 2:58 pm

I think I have seen similar tourist pieces in Tenerife , lanzarote etc .
big ed
big ed

Male Number of posts : 11942
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Pin2 July 11th 2014, 3:21 pm

Great Thank you.. I will look it....
Pin2
Pin2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum