Page 1 of 1
Porcelain vase with floral decoration
New Chelsea Porcelain Co. Ltd
Manufacturer of bone china at the Stanley Works, and subsequently at Bagnall St (Chelson St), Longton.
The New Chelsea business was established by brothers R. H. & S. L. Plant in about 1900 and traded as Plant Bros until about 1912 when the ‘New Chelsea’ name was adopted. The company continued to be controlled by the Plant family and during the Second World War it was concentrated with the parent firm at the Tuscan Works of R. H. & S. L. Plant Ltd. Post-1945 the New Chelsea business was re-established and modernised, but in September 1951 the business and trade names were sold to Susie Cooper Pottery Ltd and the new business then operated under the name New Chelsea China Co. Ltd.
New Chelsea Porcelain Co. Ltd produced good quality, moderately priced bone china teaware and coffee ware. In the 1920s the company produced some striking teaware decorated with colourful on-glaze enamelling. Trade names include Chelson China and New Chelsea.
The trade name Royal Chelsea was used from c.1943 especially on teaware for the North American market. Marks do not include the company name, but have the script ‘Chelsea’, ‘New Chelsea’ or ‘Royal Chelsea’ trade name below an anchor.
Carrot cake is just fake cake
Fantastic New Chelsea Tea Pot, Circ 1900 -1927
- Number of posts : 751
Location : Redruth Cornwall
Registration date : 2009-07-22
Page 1 of 1
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum