CP mark believed to be V&B Hunt, Cambridgeshire Pottery (not Gordon Plahn)

+2
climberg64
Oldmagpie
6 posters

Go down

CP mark believed to be V&B Hunt, Cambridgeshire Pottery (not Gordon Plahn)  Empty CP mark believed to be V&B Hunt, Cambridgeshire Pottery (not Gordon Plahn)

Post by Oldmagpie Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:42 pm

I seem to remember big discussions about various CP marks on here in the past but cant seem to find the thread so any one know which one this is please as I've forgotten, thanks. Also what's with the candle thing ???   Pondering

CP mark believed to be V&B Hunt, Cambridgeshire Pottery (not Gordon Plahn)  Cambri11

CP mark believed to be V&B Hunt, Cambridgeshire Pottery (not Gordon Plahn)  Cambri10
Oldmagpie
Oldmagpie

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

CP mark believed to be V&B Hunt, Cambridgeshire Pottery (not Gordon Plahn)  Empty Re: CP mark believed to be V&B Hunt, Cambridgeshire Pottery (not Gordon Plahn)

Post by climberg64 Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:39 pm

The candle looks like the Amnesty International logo???
climberg64
climberg64

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2010-01-20

Back to top Go down

CP mark believed to be V&B Hunt, Cambridgeshire Pottery (not Gordon Plahn)  Empty Re: CP mark believed to be V&B Hunt, Cambridgeshire Pottery (not Gordon Plahn)

Post by Potty Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:15 am

Cooper Pottery?
Churston Pottery?

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldmagpie Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:33 pm

Thanks for the input, I dont believe it to be Cooper. I dont know Churston so I'll have to take a look at them shortly. I have a vase with a CP Devon mark which is similar but not quite the same and already ruled out Langton Pottery so the hunt goes on Frustrated
Oldmagpie
Oldmagpie

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

CP mark believed to be V&B Hunt, Cambridgeshire Pottery (not Gordon Plahn)  Empty blue vase marked CP - not Gordon Plahn - possibly Cambridgeshire Pottery

Post by vanmann Sun May 25, 2014 4:45 pm

There seem to be so many potters and potteries using various combinations of CP I was hoping someone may recognise this 10 1/2 inch vase, I am sure I have seen it before, I would be grateful for any thoughts on this

CP mark believed to be V&B Hunt, Cambridgeshire Pottery (not Gordon Plahn)  Potte145    CP mark believed to be V&B Hunt, Cambridgeshire Pottery (not Gordon Plahn)  Potte146    CP mark believed to be V&B Hunt, Cambridgeshire Pottery (not Gordon Plahn)  Potte147
vanmann
vanmann

Male Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM Sun May 25, 2014 5:51 pm

Unlikely to be Gordon Plahn

Last edited by NaomiM on Mon May 31, 2021 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31291
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by vanmann Sun May 25, 2014 6:35 pm

I thought the "C" was the wrong shape for Plahn
vanmann
vanmann

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM Sun May 25, 2014 6:53 pm

Well it's the wrong shape for Gordon Plahn, Cooper Pottery, Churston Pottery, and Chessell Pottery, which are currently the alternatives.

Last edited by NaomiM on Mon May 31, 2021 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by vanmann Sun May 25, 2014 6:59 pm

I had a feeling this was going to stay unknown, still by no way the first or last!!
vanmann
vanmann

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:50 pm

Similar ones recently attributed to V&B Hunt, Cambridgeshire Pottery

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

CP mark believed to be V&B Hunt, Cambridgeshire Pottery (not Gordon Plahn)  Empty Green stepped bowl, CP mark - possibly Cambridgeshire Pottery

Post by SpoonLicker Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:19 am

Anyone recognise this bowl or mark?

CP mark believed to be V&B Hunt, Cambridgeshire Pottery (not Gordon Plahn)  Img_2100
CP mark believed to be V&B Hunt, Cambridgeshire Pottery (not Gordon Plahn)  Img_2101
CP mark believed to be V&B Hunt, Cambridgeshire Pottery (not Gordon Plahn)  Img_2102
SpoonLicker
SpoonLicker

Number of posts : 373
Registration date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:40 am

Ive come across it before and its sometimes wrongly attributed to  Gordon Plahn. There was a thread on Ceramike website before they closed their ID requests page. They thought it might be by a small company called Cambridgeshire Pottery run by V&B Hunt, operating around the 70s at Penn Farm, Haslingfield, Cambridge. The pots are moulded rather than thrown

Last edited by NaomiM on Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:09 pm; edited 3 times in total

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SpoonLicker Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:11 pm

Thanks Naomi.
SpoonLicker
SpoonLicker

Number of posts : 373
Registration date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum