Wilan, William, or Cullodan or Gillian? - Cilladon Pottery, Pris McGirr

Go down

Wilan, William, or Cullodan or Gillian? - Cilladon Pottery, Pris McGirr Empty Wilan, William, or Cullodan or Gillian? - Cilladon Pottery, Pris McGirr

Post by sunnyices2 on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:49 pm

R
Wilan, William, or Cullodan or Gillian? - Cilladon Pottery, Pris McGirr Img-2088

Wilan, William, or Cullodan or Gillian? - Cilladon Pottery, Pris McGirr Img-2089

Wilan, William, or Cullodan or Gillian? - Cilladon Pottery, Pris McGirr Img-2090

Wilan, William, or Cullodan or Gillian? - Cilladon Pottery, Pris McGirr Img-2091

Wilan, William, or Cullodan or Gillian? - Cilladon Pottery, Pris McGirr Img-2092
sunnyices2

Male Number of posts : 869
Registration date : 2012-09-22

Back to top Go down

Wilan, William, or Cullodan or Gillian? - Cilladon Pottery, Pris McGirr Empty Re: Wilan, William, or Cullodan or Gillian? - Cilladon Pottery, Pris McGirr

Post by studio-pots on Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:30 pm

More three toed sloth than tiger claw and Amateur style more than Hamada style but I can't read the signature that seems to begin with W. Perhaps European?

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 6225
Registration date : 2011-02-18

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Wilan, William, or Cullodan or Gillian? - Cilladon Pottery, Pris McGirr Empty Re: Wilan, William, or Cullodan or Gillian? - Cilladon Pottery, Pris McGirr

Post by NaomiM on Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:03 pm

Maybe rubbing some chalk across the signature before photographing it will help it stand out.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 23168
Registration date : 2012-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by sunnyices2 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:58 am

Thanks I will try that chalk trick to see if I can get a better image of the signature
sunnyices2

Back to top Go down

Post by sunnyices2 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:13 pm

Wilan, William, or Cullodan or Gillian? - Cilladon Pottery, Pris McGirr Img-2125
sunnyices2

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM on Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:45 am

By Cilladon pottery, Walthamstow. Run by Pris McGirr in the 60s

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by philpot on Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:44 am

There is a Culloden pottery, the pottery of Bob Park near Inverness. Domestic and individual pieces in stoneware and porcelain. 1970-97. The book gives the mark as BOB CULLODEN in capitals. But potters do vary their marks.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 3674
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM on Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:59 am

Culloden was one of the ‘maybes’. But the lettering is consistent across a dozen pots I have on file and none match that word. Discovered the word was Cilladon when a written one turned up 

https://pin.it/4l45XEa

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum