Boring pressed glass fruit/dessert bowls but with a little something more

Go down

Boring pressed glass fruit/dessert bowls but with a little something more Empty Boring pressed glass fruit/dessert bowls but with a little something more

Post by RVsaid on October 4th 2013, 10:39 am

Hi

These little bowls are about 10 cm across and 6 cm tall and look despite some design effort pretty boring however, the base is irregular. This following down of the form into having more glass on oneside than the other is intentional and I felt just raises them above the normal run of the mill.

Boring pressed glass fruit/dessert bowls but with a little something more P1050024
Boring pressed glass fruit/dessert bowls but with a little something more P1050025
Boring pressed glass fruit/dessert bowls but with a little something more P1050026
RVsaid
RVsaid

Number of posts : 1406
Registration date : 2012-08-12

Back to top Go down

Boring pressed glass fruit/dessert bowls but with a little something more Empty Re: Boring pressed glass fruit/dessert bowls but with a little something more

Post by NaomiM on October 4th 2013, 11:06 am

Ravenhead. Not sure of the pattern but might be Ice.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 21023
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Boring pressed glass fruit/dessert bowls but with a little something more Empty Re: Boring pressed glass fruit/dessert bowls but with a little something more

Post by RVsaid on October 15th 2013, 2:42 pm

I had a look into this but all the Ravenhead have perfectly regular finish circle bases.
RVsaid
RVsaid

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM on October 15th 2013, 6:37 pm

I have a large one, unfortunately packed away so I can't double check the base, but I'm pretty sure it's the same. This may be a variation on the pattern but I'd still say Ravenhead.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 21023
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Davee on October 15th 2013, 8:02 pm

I'm with Naomi on this - Ravenhead

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 2161
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by RVsaid on October 16th 2013, 9:03 am

I can certainly see that they are in the same league with Ravenhead but the design just doesn't come up in any of my searches and without that there is no certainty
RVsaid
RVsaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Davee on October 16th 2013, 10:22 am

Pattern name is Topaz, design is often attributed to John Clappison.

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by RVsaid on October 16th 2013, 11:15 am

You're the man Davee! It took a while but the smaller bowls listed in a set are a dead ringer. Happy 
RVsaid
RVsaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Davee on October 16th 2013, 11:28 am

Thanks, I try to please Happy  I knew we would get there in the end!

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum