LW WL mark, Wall Pocket - Linda Whitty, Caoldair Pottery, Scotland

2 posters

Go down

LW WL mark, Wall Pocket - Linda Whitty, Caoldair Pottery, Scotland  Empty LW WL mark, Wall Pocket - Linda Whitty, Caoldair Pottery, Scotland

Post by Oldmagpie September 16th 2013, 2:26 pm

Similar in style to Kersey Pottery anyone recognise this WL, LW mark

LW WL mark, Wall Pocket - Linda Whitty, Caoldair Pottery, Scotland  Th_DSC_6572_zps74dd8b2b

LW WL mark, Wall Pocket - Linda Whitty, Caoldair Pottery, Scotland  Th_DSC_6574_zps9ef3a41b

LW WL mark, Wall Pocket - Linda Whitty, Caoldair Pottery, Scotland  Th_DSC_6573_zpsee389cee

thanks
Oldmagpie
Oldmagpie

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

LW WL mark, Wall Pocket - Linda Whitty, Caoldair Pottery, Scotland  Empty Re: LW WL mark, Wall Pocket - Linda Whitty, Caoldair Pottery, Scotland

Post by NaomiM September 16th 2013, 5:06 pm

I think we've had this before but it looked like IW. I think it's still unidentified.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 25488
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

LW WL mark, Wall Pocket - Linda Whitty, Caoldair Pottery, Scotland  Empty Re: LW WL mark, Wall Pocket - Linda Whitty, Caoldair Pottery, Scotland

Post by Oldmagpie September 16th 2013, 5:42 pm

This ones definitely an L, I think the IW is also one of mine that despite finding a few possibles I haven't been able to say it was definitely any of them. Embarrassed 
Oldmagpie
Oldmagpie

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM November 21st 2021, 9:14 pm

By Linda Whitty, Caoldair Pottery, Laggan Bridge, Scotland

Some confusion over the dates. Mick Arnold was at the pottery 1972-92. A 1999 newpaper article featuring Linda Whitty says she established the pottery "15 years ago", which would be 1984, but her website says the pottery showroom was established in 1979. She retired from potting in the early 2000s but continued to run the coffee shop and accommodation.
Mikespots.co.uk has both Whitty and then Arnold on the timeline for Finch's Appin Pottery, so presumably they both trained there, but Appin Pottery started in 1973.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 25488
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum