Teapot and lidded jar with wheat sheaf decor & bamboo handle - Tony Foard?

4 posters

Go down

Teapot and lidded jar with wheat sheaf decor & bamboo handle - Tony Foard?  Empty Teapot and lidded jar with wheat sheaf decor & bamboo handle - Tony Foard?

Post by andy.pauline March 8th 2013, 8:37 pm

Teapot and lidded jar with wheat sheaf decor & bamboo handle - Tony Foard?  Img_0816 no mark to base
andy.pauline
andy.pauline

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2012-11-19

Back to top Go down

Teapot and lidded jar with wheat sheaf decor & bamboo handle - Tony Foard?  Empty Re: Teapot and lidded jar with wheat sheaf decor & bamboo handle - Tony Foard?

Post by andy.pauline March 8th 2013, 8:40 pm

Nice lump of pottery but oxfam £20 Shock
andy.pauline
andy.pauline

Back to top Go down

Teapot and lidded jar with wheat sheaf decor & bamboo handle - Tony Foard?  Empty Re: Teapot and lidded jar with wheat sheaf decor & bamboo handle - Tony Foard?

Post by NaomiM March 8th 2013, 11:59 pm

No mark?

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31420
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by andy.pauline March 9th 2013, 9:48 pm

NO mark Naomi just turned base very nice turned foot ... lazy of me not to photograph Sorry...
andy.pauline
andy.pauline

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM March 9th 2013, 10:13 pm

I'm just shocked they want £20 for something that, for all they know, could be a Chinese import.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by andy.pauline March 11th 2013, 8:59 pm

Would you be so surprised if they were selling a leach for a fiver ... I agree though naomi... no name a few pounds fine but 20 dont get me wrong there was a teapot as well and they were very well made and worth that all day.. Quality is not enough you want a name...
andy.pauline
andy.pauline

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM March 11th 2013, 9:17 pm

Maybe someone said 'that looks like a piece of Studio pottery. Do you know that stuff is really collectable."

In our shop a couple of the volunteers keep pricing Jersey Pottery at ridiculously high prices because a customer once said "Do you know the pottery's gone out of business? Those items are really collectable now"

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by andy.pauline March 11th 2013, 10:05 pm

I think Jersey pottery is rather smart I picked up a nice piece for 50 p in a charity shop today... the style which has got the impressed marks... I really like them... And good value...
andy.pauline
andy.pauline

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM March 11th 2013, 10:16 pm

Jo Lester's IoW figural plates are worth collecting, but not really to my taste.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty March 12th 2013, 12:23 am

Regarding the price of the jar, compared to some prices I have seen in local charity shops for "collectable" and/or "studio pottery", it seems very reasonable. I've seen a cracked W German vase (common one) for £50... Shock

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclectic-Dorset March 12th 2013, 9:16 am

Potty wrote:Regarding the price of the jar, compared to some prices I have seen in local charity shops for "collectable" and/or "studio pottery", it seems very reasonable. I've seen a cracked W German vase (common one) for £50... Shock

i am glad i live where i do in that case £50 for a cracked pot they should be ashamed !
Eclectic-Dorset
Eclectic-Dorset

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2013-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by andy.pauline March 30th 2013, 10:45 am

Went in to the shop again today, told them I want it, you want to sell it, I will give you £5 for it and another £5 for the teapot .. felt guilty asking for a discount from a charity shop but no name its just not worth any more.... than that... The woman who was in the shop thought it was chinese and mass produced ... I wouldnt imagine that would be the case as it has been very finely potted .... So the end of the story is i got the pair for £10.. Most Excellent
andy.pauline
andy.pauline

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM February 25th 2017, 12:52 pm

There's a teapot with the same design on ebay, attributed to "Tony Foarde" (I assume they mean Foard). Not his usual work; i don't know if he ever made anything like this early in his career.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum