Heavy Green Four Leaf Bowl

Go down

Heavy  Green Four Leaf Bowl Empty Heavy Green Four Leaf Bowl

Post by Flintztone on February 28th 2013, 1:21 am

Uncertain as to the designer of this lovely glass bowl. Any ideas? I've looked under Sklo Union and others but can't find a match.

[img]Heavy  Green Four Leaf Bowl Four_l10[/img]

[img]Heavy  Green Four Leaf Bowl Four_l11[/img]

[img]Heavy  Green Four Leaf Bowl Four_l12[/img]

[img]Heavy  Green Four Leaf Bowl Four_l13[/img]

[img]Heavy  Green Four Leaf Bowl Four_l14[/img]
Flintztone
Flintztone

Male Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

Heavy  Green Four Leaf Bowl Empty Re: Heavy Green Four Leaf Bowl

Post by user9318 on February 28th 2013, 6:25 am

It is SKLO union, an ashtray

user9318
user9318

Female Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2012-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Flintztone on February 28th 2013, 11:09 am

I am very grateful for your information. I've since found out that it was made in the 60's by Rudolf Jurnikl. Thank you ever so much. Happy
Flintztone
Flintztone

Back to top Go down

Post by user9318 on February 28th 2013, 7:30 pm

Your welcome, I have an interest in and collect SKLO union glass and have researched the different factories, glass etc over the last few years.

Funny enough came across a couple of SKLO vases earlier today.
user9318
user9318

Back to top Go down

Post by Flintztone on February 28th 2013, 9:24 pm

I have a few books by Mark Hill, but was unable to find this particular bowl. I must say I have always liked Sklo Union Vases, bowls etc. I just think they are under valued when you look at the design and quality of pieces produced. I too have a range of pieces that one day, when I do have time, will put on display. The bullet vases for some reason are one of my favourite pieces. I don't know why...................they just have that simplicity but well thought out in designn. These were designed by Rudolf Schrotte at the Rosice Glassworks in the 60's. I have quite a number of these in different colour ranges and have lost count. I love to put these out on show during the summer. Did you manage to purchase any Sklo pieces?
Flintztone
Flintztone

Back to top Go down

Post by skay on February 28th 2013, 9:54 pm

Flintztone wrote:I must say I have always liked Sklo Union Vases, bowls etc. I just think they are under valued when you look at the design and quality of pieces produced. I too have a range of pieces that one day, when I do have time, will put on display. The bullet vases for some reason are one of my favourite pieces. I don't know why...................they just have that simplicity but well thought out in designn. These were designed by Rudolf Schrotte at the Rosice Glassworks in the 60's. I have quite a number of these in different colour ranges and have lost count. I love to put these out on show during the summer. Did you manage to purchase any Sklo pieces?

Me too Flinty. Please show us as many as you can when you have time Jumping For Joy

xx

big ed wrote:Burt lancaster spat on me Sad

brin mcardle wrote:Probably no surprise...I love this

Taylor Thomas wrote:Have you got enough quotes Sue?

l33ham180 wrote:the wife wants massive

NaomiM wrote:...didn't even have the excuse it was for charity. Just liked his balls. Cheeky

dantheman wrote:I think it's shit

22 Crawford St. wrote:No one likes clowns.

skay
skay
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3488
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by user9318 on March 1st 2013, 6:29 am

Flintztone wrote:I have a few books by Mark Hill, but was unable to find this particular bowl. I must say I have always liked Sklo Union Vases, bowls etc. I just think they are under valued when you look at the design and quality of pieces produced. I too have a range of pieces that one day, when I do have time, will put on display. The bullet vases for some reason are one of my favourite pieces. I don't know why...................they just have that simplicity but well thought out in designn. These were designed by Rudolf Schrotte at the Rosice Glassworks in the 60's. I have quite a number of these in different colour ranges and have lost count. I love to put these out on show during the summer. Did you manage to purchase any Sklo pieces?

I agree that SKLO is under valued as they make lovely glassware, one of my favourites.

The vases I saw were at a local auction, in with a load of other glassware, undecided whether I will go to the auction yet tomorrow.
user9318
user9318

Back to top Go down

Post by Flintztone on March 2nd 2013, 12:33 am

Yes, when I do have time I will certainly send you some pics. Did you manage to go to the auction, just out of interest?
Flintztone
Flintztone

Back to top Go down

Post by user9318 on March 2nd 2013, 6:07 am

The auction is today, later this morning and I am going.
user9318
user9318

Back to top Go down

Post by Flintztone on March 4th 2013, 12:37 am

How did you get on at the auction today? I manage to purchase an unusual glass tray today with a metal handle. If I am not too busy I will post it later. The base does look like Sklo union. I am currently researching this. I will post it even if I do manage to obtain any info.
Flintztone
Flintztone

Back to top Go down

Post by user9318 on March 4th 2013, 6:47 am

I didn't get the mixed glass lot with the SKLO vases in, a friend was bidding on that lot, I didn't want to bid against them.

I did get a limited edition Lowry print, a couple of Staffordshire poodles c1860, some silver, other glassware (crystal), so not a bad day.

Went to an antiques fair yesterday and bought some more silver, early 20th century Worcester coffee cans and saucers with silver cup holders and a Whitefriars golden amber swan. I seem to have started collecting w/f swans, this is my second now.

Last edited by user9318 on March 4th 2013, 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
user9318
user9318

Back to top Go down

Post by Flintztone on March 5th 2013, 1:57 am

It seems you had a very good day then? Good on you! Whitefriars swans as far as I can recall, are a very a good investment, especially the rare ones.
I just can't get my head around coffee mugs being called cans. You've just remind me, I must remember to post that glass tray later today. I'm most certain it is Sklo Union, but could be totally wrong. I've not purchased much over the last few days, my time seems to be taken up trying to find information on items retrieved from storage from last year. Shock
Flintztone
Flintztone

Back to top Go down

Post by user9318 on March 5th 2013, 7:27 am

It wasn't a bad weekend of buying, better than I thought it would be to be honest.

I have an arctic blue awan and the one I picked at the weekend was a golden amber swan.

The coffee cups are very pretty, if I get time today I will try and photograph them.
user9318
user9318

Back to top Go down

Post by Flintztone on March 7th 2013, 12:48 am

I just missed out on a Whitefriars sky blue footed swan that was sold to a customer for under a fiver. Had I only been a split second earlier. Oh! well. If you find time it would be nice to see the coffee cups. Just to let you know, the bowl was posted and may not be Sklo after all. Probably Walther glass. I will spend some time looking into this.
Flintztone
Flintztone

Back to top Go down

Post by user9318 on March 7th 2013, 7:18 am

Sorry you missed out on the swan.

I missed the SKLO bowl thread, sorry, but I have to agree it does not look like SKLO to me either.

Was very busy yesterday, I have even unpacked the cups yet, but will try today to take a photo of them.
user9318
user9318

Back to top Go down

Post by user9318 on March 7th 2013, 1:05 pm

Photo of one the Royal Worcester coffee cups and saucers with the silver cup holder.

Heavy  Green Four Leaf Bowl Dcs11
user9318
user9318

Back to top Go down

Post by Flintztone on March 7th 2013, 8:58 pm

No probs! Yes, I just found out it's Bagley. I do have bagley pieces, but nothing like the one posted. Better go back and thank the member. Happy

Flintztone
Flintztone

Back to top Go down

Post by skay on March 7th 2013, 9:01 pm

Happy This thread is getting a bit muddled up - no problem, but I think it needs splitting a bit?

xx

big ed wrote:Burt lancaster spat on me Sad

brin mcardle wrote:Probably no surprise...I love this

Taylor Thomas wrote:Have you got enough quotes Sue?

l33ham180 wrote:the wife wants massive

NaomiM wrote:...didn't even have the excuse it was for charity. Just liked his balls. Cheeky

dantheman wrote:I think it's shit

22 Crawford St. wrote:No one likes clowns.

skay
skay
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3488
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Flintztone on March 7th 2013, 9:09 pm

Very nice. I do like it. The handle style looks a bit like a copy of the designs by Archibold knox. Good purchase! Most Excellent Have you got the complete set?

Yes, I must agree, sorry! Bow Down I think the cup and saucer needs to be as a new topic.
Flintztone
Flintztone

Back to top Go down

Post by user9318 on March 8th 2013, 12:08 am

No, the seller only had a pair unfortunately, but they were lovely and an unusual pattern.

Also apologies for going off topic Skay and making the thread confusing.
user9318
user9318

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum