Verinigte porcelain factory, Klosterle (now Klášterec), Bohemia

+2
cookiepops
Cakemakesmehappy
6 posters

Go down

Verinigte porcelain factory, Klosterle (now Klášterec), Bohemia Empty Verinigte porcelain factory, Klosterle (now Klášterec), Bohemia

Post by Cakemakesmehappy January 3rd 2013, 5:26 pm

Verinigte porcelain factory, Klosterle (now Klášterec), Bohemia Photo310

Verinigte porcelain factory, Klosterle (now Klášterec), Bohemia Photo311

Can you help me with this plate. My Nan has had since I can remember. I'm set to inherit this and woud love to know what it is and if there is more I can add to it.

Thanks
Cakemakesmehappy
Cakemakesmehappy

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Verinigte porcelain factory, Klosterle (now Klášterec), Bohemia Empty Re: Verinigte porcelain factory, Klosterle (now Klášterec), Bohemia

Post by Cakemakesmehappy January 3rd 2013, 5:28 pm

Verinigte porcelain factory, Klosterle (now Klášterec), Bohemia Photo312

So sorry! This is the front.
Cakemakesmehappy
Cakemakesmehappy

Back to top Go down

Verinigte porcelain factory, Klosterle (now Klášterec), Bohemia Empty Re: Verinigte porcelain factory, Klosterle (now Klášterec), Bohemia

Post by cookiepops January 3rd 2013, 5:35 pm

could you repost the backstamp image the right way around please
cookiepops
cookiepops

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2012-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Cakemakesmehappy January 3rd 2013, 6:01 pm

Hi, I'm going to really try to. I'm having trouble with the copy and paste on my iPad and my mac charger has broken!!

Cakemakesmehappy
Cakemakesmehappy

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman January 3rd 2013, 6:37 pm

can you read anything on the back stamp?

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15417
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM January 3rd 2013, 7:01 pm

I zoomed in and turned it round, but it's too blurred. Since the label is in focus I think the mark itself is blurred.

Looks like Made in Something - maybe Czechoslovakia. Possibly from Germany, Bavaria or Austria. 1920s-30s era, Childrens plate.

"Baby Herman 32" might be the name of the character on the front and a date. I tried googling it but nothing came up.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31419
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM January 3rd 2013, 7:07 pm

...the orange round the rim is typical of pre- war Czechoslovakian ceramics

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by gareth-h January 3rd 2013, 9:34 pm

Baby Herman was in Who Framed Roger Rabbit which was 1988.

I am not sure if this is actually that character though, although he looks quite similar. Could the label have two question marks rather than 32?
gareth-h
gareth-h

Male Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2009-03-27

http://www.pooleroom.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Cakemakesmehappy November 8th 2013, 6:13 pm

So I have narrowed this down to Porcelain Union T

Can anyone give me any more info?
Cakemakesmehappy
Cakemakesmehappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM November 8th 2013, 6:19 pm

There is very little info online, other than made in Czechoslovakia; pieces bear the Union T Porcelain mark on bottom; and it was a company which shut its doors in 1939.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cakemakesmehappy November 8th 2013, 6:21 pm

I have been trawling to see if I came across anything like it! But at least I have a date & a factory!
Thanks
Cakemakesmehappy
Cakemakesmehappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM November 8th 2013, 6:23 pm

Also came across this:

http://www.collectorscircle.com/bohemian/porcelain/marks_table1.html

Ernst Wahliss - Alfred Stellmacher
Alexandra Porcelain Works Ernst Wahliss Marks
Ernst Wahliss Trnovany, Czech Republic (Turn-Teplitz, Bohemia, Austria)

1863 The Ernst Wahliss business was founded in Trnovany, Czech Republic (Turn-Teplitz, Bohemia, Austria). The business had retail stores in London, England and Vienna, Austria where it sold Bohemian porcelain.

1894 Wahliss bought the Alfred Stellmacher Imperial and Royal Porcelain Factory (founded in 1859). Ernst died in 1900. In 1902, his sons, Hans and Erich, bought 600 original molds from the former Imperial and Royal Porcelain Manufactory in Vienna and made reproductions of the Vienna porcelain. In 1905, his sons Hans and Erich named the company Alexandra Porcelain Works Ernst Wahliss. Manufacturing turned to mostly faïence after 1910. This factory was known for its unique designs. Paul Dachsel designed some pieces before starting his own factory in 1905.

1921 the factory was merged into Porcelain Union, United Porcelain Factory AG. One of the Marks used by this factories was a wreath with the word Union and the alpha character "T," for Turn-Teplitz or Trnovany.

1927 Porcelain Union, United Porcelain Factory AG joined the EPIAG association.

1934 all of the Porcelain Union, United Porcelain Factory AG factories were closed.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots November 9th 2013, 11:28 am

Don't recall seeing your Nan's plate before Naomi's post yesterday and she is partly right, as it was made by a factory within the "Porcelain Union" between 1921 and 1939*, although not at the Ernst Wahliss one in Turn.

Within the laurels is the word UNION with K underneath and the K is the clue.

It was made at what was the Verinigte porcelain factory in Klosterle (now called Klášterec) in Bohemia, which was at the time in Czechoslovakia and is now in the Czech Republic.

* From 1934 the factory were closed intermittently and then re-opened but closed finally in 1939.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7817
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum