sage green jasperware , please date

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sage green jasperware , please date

Post by geheime geschiedenis on June 27th 2011, 1:39 pm

Hello Folks,
It is great to be back. I hope this will not be too hard for anyone. I have three wedgewood books, and no joy, I also have a great story too tell that happened at an auction i attended saturday.
but now this may be my 10th post, and for all mods starting to pounce on my thread correctness, Iam sure I will do this correctly on the very first go.
Thanks so much, and btw I may be on the otherside of the forum as i have a very 20th century piece just barely, 1910 i think maybe 1911 but i will have to read FAQ's again to find outy my best forum as i do not want mods too have to work so hard to move my thread etc, its called the perfect post everytime, and finally what can i say, het de rood nummer viefjte car met tweede plaats van de valencia, uitstekend!!!!

geheime geschiedenis

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-05-28

Back to top Go down

Re: sage green jasperware , please date

Post by gareth-h on June 27th 2011, 11:04 pm

Um, not quite perfect. there's no base mark picture Doh!

Wedgwood made this stuff for years but I don't think this is particularly old, it is quite a common shape. 1970's or '80's I would have thought. You are safe in the 20th century forum.
gareth-h

Male Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-03-27

http://www.pooleroom.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by geheime geschiedenis on June 27th 2011, 11:20 pm

If I had given the bottom photo, then it would have been too easy, my bad.
I did think about it, but my loupe was in my desk, and i was not near my desk. It reads wedgewood, it has a letter P. it also has a single line under the made in england incised mard, and the line is incised and also free hand, then a faint two character incised or impression mark. it would have not shown up on the pic. i see many that are plain on the sides. this dish has children on each viginette, in different scences. also if you have a name for it.
I thought the same 1975, is that not the date gree sage jasperware began????

thanks everyone, and have a great days.
geheime geschiedenis

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum