Top 3 Studio Pottery Books (and/or top 3 informative websites)

+4
big ed
flying free
dantheman
Potty
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Top 3 Studio Pottery Books (and/or top 3 informative websites) - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 3 Studio Pottery Books (and/or top 3 informative websites)

Post by Potty November 27th 2011, 6:10 pm

I bet it goes for silly money, demand is high at the moment, tempted to sell mine Excellent

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Top 3 Studio Pottery Books (and/or top 3 informative websites) - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 3 Studio Pottery Books (and/or top 3 informative websites)

Post by studio-pots November 27th 2011, 10:26 pm

I hadn't realised that the book was out of print and in demand (I see on Amazon that used copies are available from £70).

My advice to anyone who is tempted is to save your money - it is more likely to convince you to buy something that is worthless than to help you find a bargain piece of studio pottery. If you really want to know who made your unknown pot you have a much better chance of finding the correct answer on this site.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7817
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by skay November 27th 2011, 10:33 pm

I know I'm always doing this, but - Yay sp! Top 3 Studio Pottery Books (and/or top 3 informative websites) - Page 2 234527

xx

big ed wrote:Burt lancaster spat on me Sad

brin mcardle wrote:Probably no surprise...I love this

Taylor Thomas wrote:Have you got enough quotes Sue?

l33ham180 wrote:the wife wants massive

NaomiM wrote:...didn't even have the excuse it was for charity. Just liked his balls. Cheeky

dantheman wrote:I think it's shit

22 Crawford St. wrote:No one likes clowns.

skay
skay
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3351
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed November 28th 2011, 2:40 pm

I think I'll try and Flog my Goddens British pottery marks book , i just hate filtering through them Shock
big ed
big ed

Male Number of posts : 11942
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots December 2nd 2011, 10:32 pm

dantheman wrote:there is a copy of BRITISH STUDIO POTTERS MARKS by Eric Yates-Owen & Robert Fournier 2nd edition
on ebay at the moment in case anyone is after one

It went for £80 including postage - a total waste of £80.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7817
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman December 3rd 2011, 6:50 am

I bought THE HANDBOOK OF BRITISH POTTERY & PORCELAIN MARKS by Geoffrey A. Godden for 99p yesterday,has anyone here read it?

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15417
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed December 3rd 2011, 8:17 am

I have the big hardback version , that I am selling at the moment , I found it tiresome , there has to be a simpler way of listing the contents of these things , I won't be buying anymore "who done it books " unless they are car boot cheap Nuh-huh
big ed
big ed

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty December 3rd 2011, 1:36 pm

I imagine it will be a very good book, as most of Godden's books that I have seen have been well researched, he really knows his stuff.

I have the same book as Ed (yours will be a more compact version I guess Dan), it does take some looking through, but it's quite well laid out.

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed December 3rd 2011, 1:44 pm

Your probably right Potty , it's just me , 99% of the book doesn't interest me at all but somebody else will think it's great .
big ed
big ed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum