tenpot
dantheman
Calusa
28 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Raul Coronel - Page 8 Empty Re: Raul Coronel

Post by gabby67 October 1st 2020, 3:07 pm

Yes, that is who I am speaking about. I am new to this site, did I post it in the wrong place?
gabby67
gabby67

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2020-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM October 1st 2020, 11:05 pm

Lovely pieces. We have a thread on Raul Coronel. I’ll merge the post with it in due course.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31419
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by gabby67 October 1st 2020, 11:07 pm

Thank you NaomiM!
gabby67
gabby67

Back to top Go down

Raul Coronel - Page 8 Empty Raul Coronel Guinea Hen and Gorgeous Flower Pot Tree

Post by gabby67 October 5th 2020, 10:12 pm

Okay! So much has happened these last few weeks. After my beloved dad passed away in my arms 8 weeks ago, I dived into art. I use to dabble here in there, but nothing like being so sad for 15 hours a day and looking at pieces through out the internet for 6 weeks. That is when I came across Raul Coronel's pieces. So much joy in them! My dad was a craftsman, Hispanic and lived in Santa Monica from the late 50's until the mid 90's, well, the connection was surreal. I was hooked at every level with Raul's masterpieces. I purchased a large Guinea Hen piece from its original owner who was 96 years old. She was an Army officer's wife who received it 1966 while stationed in Denver, CO as a wedding gift. It was what I considered mint condition...until someone who will remain nameless left my sanctuary room (aka sunroom) door open and the cats had a hey day with it, not once, but twice! I was crushed and I only owned it for less than a week. The hen is salvaged, but the burlap is not. Two weeks prior to this,  I have been speaking to a gallery/MCM star owner about a piece he was selling. I kept going back and forth because I did not want to own a large piece of art. Just like the original hen lady, my husband is a Army Officer as well and we were also married in CO. The original owner was so tickled by that! Military families generally have to move every 2-3 years and military movers are brutal! My goal is to own a smaller size people piece or maybe even an animal piece that I can carry on person with each move. Okay, as my husband always say "Gabby, bottom line upfront"! HA HA! Here goes:  Is it crazy for me to consider giving, well trading these two pieces for one smaller piece? I love the people pieces so much and well I explained the size concerns. The flower piece is currently crated and waiting for Fed Ex to deliver to me, but I figured why pay twice to ship? If I can have the gallery/MCM store send it directly to someone else (it has been paid for). What I have is a the Guinea Hen 31 3/4" W x 25" H and 1 1/2"D, "Cornel" tile is no longer there, original frame with the Venice sticker on back, one feather is missing a small piece. I now also own the flower/tree pot that measures  49" W x 31' H and 1 1/2" D, has the "Raul" stamp on it, and original frame. Please bear with me, as I am new to all of this. Thank you for any input. Okay, now I can breathe, Anyone still there? :) Raul Coronel - Page 8 Screen12
Raul Coronel - Page 8 Img_4110
gabby67
gabby67

Back to top Go down

Post by gabby67 October 5th 2020, 10:16 pm

Raul Coronel - Page 8 20200911
[url=https://servimg.com/view/20265490/9]

gabby67
gabby67

Back to top Go down

Post by gabby67 October 5th 2020, 10:20 pm

Raul Coronel - Page 8 Img_2014
Raul Coronel - Page 8 Img_2013
Raul Coronel - Page 8 Img_2015
gabby67
gabby67

Back to top Go down

Post by gabby67 October 5th 2020, 11:04 pm

Raul Coronel - Page 8 20200912
Raul Coronel - Page 8 Img_4010
gabby67
gabby67

Back to top Go down

Raul Coronel - Page 8 Empty RIP Raul Coronel

Post by Calusa September 15th 2022, 12:31 am

Raul Coronel has died. He passed away on Sunday, September 11, 2022. He was 96 years old. RIP
Calusa
Calusa

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2010-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman September 15th 2022, 8:52 am

He is an exceptional artistic mind and we would be unaware of his work had you not joined the forum.
Thanks Calusa

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15417
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum: