Ginnie Harrison, nee Bamford, Tregony and The Sloop, St Ives

4 posters

Go down

Ginnie Harrison, nee Bamford, Tregony and The Sloop, St Ives Empty Ginnie Harrison, nee Bamford, Tregony and The Sloop, St Ives

Post by potterymad62 April 30th 2010, 2:10 pm

Hi.

Could anyone confirm if this is a leach Mark or not. I know genuine Leach marks when i see it, but not sure about this one.

Regards

Ernie.

Ginnie Harrison, nee Bamford, Tregony and The Sloop, St Ives Dsc00211 Ginnie Harrison, nee Bamford, Tregony and The Sloop, St Ives Dsc00212 Ginnie Harrison, nee Bamford, Tregony and The Sloop, St Ives Dsc00213
potterymad62
potterymad62

Male Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Ginnie Harrison, nee Bamford, Tregony and The Sloop, St Ives Empty Re: Ginnie Harrison, nee Bamford, Tregony and The Sloop, St Ives

Post by philpot March 5th 2013, 8:04 am

Its a bit late now I suppose,
But the date on the mug is 1978. The clay looks like earthenware. The Leach Pottery virtually gave up using earthenware in the mid 1930's.Completely by the early 50's.
So no. Its not a Leach mark.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6381
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Ginnie Harrison, nee Bamford, Tregony and The Sloop, St Ives Empty Re: Ginnie Harrison, nee Bamford, Tregony and The Sloop, St Ives

Post by studio-pots March 5th 2013, 9:25 am

I have just seen this thread, which is nearly 2 years old, after philpot gave an answer this morning.

It had been posted elsewhere rather than under the "ID My Pottery" thread and, as philpot states, "It's a bit late now".

I decided to move it to the correct thread to illustrate that if IDs are requested elsewhere they are less likely to be answered.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7817
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM March 5th 2013, 9:43 am

Maybe by a potter local to which ever school is mentioned on the front of the mug.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31420
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM February 25th 2017, 12:47 pm

Possibly an early mark of Ginnie Harrison, nee Bamford, Tregony and The Sloop, St Ives. Unfortunately the Virtual museum of Cornish pottery marks only has her later handwritten GBH mark.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31420
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum