Sally and Alasdair Neil MacDonell

+2
Potty
dantheman
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sally and Alasdair Neil MacDonell - Page 2 Empty Re: Sally and Alasdair Neil MacDonell

Post by Mordeep October 4th 2015, 10:14 pm

Phil we paid well below what Felix did but it was a fair chunk of money. Condition is always a worry but the faults shown are restricted to one that needs a lot of work and 2 others that have very minor knocks (the catalogue was confusing in that regard). As they stand we are very happy to live with 12 of them unmolested by a restorers hand. The rest of the items by him and Sally went for silly money. In fact nearly everything we had marked and left a bid went way passed estimate. It was only these that approached a fair price by our standards. Very happy to get this masks at the price we paid even though to others it will seem high.

I guess when it comes to art like this sometimes you have to grab the opportunity or miss out. I doubt we will make much money anytime soon from these. But I am certain we won't lose and that was not the point. Most of these are for our family and will join the other things we think are special.
Mordeep
Mordeep

Male Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2015-06-05

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum