Nicely decorated (blue) vase...but know obvious markings.

Go down

Nicely decorated (blue) vase...but know obvious markings. Empty Nicely decorated (blue) vase...but know obvious markings.

Post by Beege on May 25th 2019, 5:25 pm

I love the shape of this kind of vase: I have a few others...is there a name for the general shape (bulbous body with narrow neck)?

Anyhow...this is a nice vase which appears 'dirty' but its part of the glaze. Lovely blues. I cannot find any marking; so does anybody recognise the design/maker?

The vase is approximately 15cm tall x 12cm diameter.

Thank you for any help you can offer.
Jack

Nicely decorated (blue) vase...but know obvious markings. Blue_v13
Nicely decorated (blue) vase...but know obvious markings. Blue_v14
Nicely decorated (blue) vase...but know obvious markings. Blue_v15
Beege
Beege

Male Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2017-08-23

Back to top Go down

Nicely decorated (blue) vase...but know obvious markings. Empty Re: Nicely decorated (blue) vase...but know obvious markings.

Post by Beege on May 25th 2019, 5:27 pm

Before anybody tells me...I'm aware I put the word 'know' in the title instead of 'no'.
Lets just put it down to senility!! Clap
Beege
Beege

Back to top Go down

Nicely decorated (blue) vase...but know obvious markings. Empty Re: Nicely decorated (blue) vase...but know obvious markings.

Post by NaomiM on May 25th 2019, 5:51 pm

The design looks similar to the Chinese peony pattern , but the technique looks more like studio pottery, in a style similar to that of Yolande Beer

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 20200
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Beege on May 25th 2019, 9:49 pm

Hi Naomi...thanks for this.
I hadn't considered oriental design...I've had a look at some Chinese peony patters and whilst I can see what you mean, the vast majority seem much more colourful than my pot...which is no more than 3 colours. I also looked at some of Yolanda Beer's work. Although much of her work has human form in design, there are some exceptions. I could possibly ask her if my pot was by her hand.
Thanks
Jack
Beege
Beege

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum