LR mark but not Lucy Rie pebble vase

4 posters

Go down

LR mark but not Lucy Rie  pebble vase Empty LR mark but not Lucy Rie pebble vase

Post by Charlieboy100 April 28th 2019, 9:08 am

Hi. I wondered if anyone can comment on this incised LR mark on this pot. I know it's not like the chopsticks impressed monogram mark but I can't find an example of her free hand mark. My mother says the pot may be one where she was experimenting with glazes? Any help gratefully received. Thanks. Charles

LR mark but not Lucy Rie  pebble vase 20190412

LR mark but not Lucy Rie  pebble vase 20190413
Charlieboy100
Charlieboy100

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2019-04-28

Back to top Go down

LR mark but not Lucy Rie  pebble vase Empty Re: LR mark but not Lucy Rie pebble vase

Post by dantheman April 28th 2019, 9:54 am

sorry to disappoint on your first post but no it isn't

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15416
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

LR mark but not Lucy Rie  pebble vase Empty Re: LR mark but not Lucy Rie pebble vase

Post by Charlieboy100 April 28th 2019, 10:39 am

Thanks for the reply. I would be interested if someone could point me to an example of her free hand mark as I couldn't find one or if someone has a photo example, for future reference?? Thanks.
Charlieboy100
Charlieboy100

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2019-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by philpot April 28th 2019, 1:28 pm

Sorry, but she did not ever do a freehand mark. She was first and foremost a professional potter who knew the value of her work. A good Part of that value was a clearly impressed signature/mark which she always used.There were variations in the imprssed mark, but never the use of a freehand one one.

Last edited by philpot on April 28th 2019, 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6396
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM April 28th 2019, 3:23 pm

It’s a pebble pot in a style that was popular in the 60s-80s. I have a few but unfortunately not been able to ID most of them.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31481
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum