Small vase - Japanese? 20cms Any Help much appreciated

3 posters

Go down

Small vase - Japanese? 20cms Any Help much appreciated  Empty Small vase - Japanese? 20cms Any Help much appreciated

Post by Fernside June 8th 2018, 7:35 pm

Small vase - Japanese? 20cms Any Help much appreciated  20180610
Small vase - Japanese? 20cms Any Help much appreciated  20180611
Fernside
Fernside

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2018-01-22

Back to top Go down

Small vase - Japanese? 20cms Any Help much appreciated  Empty Re: Small vase - Japanese? 20cms Any Help much appreciated

Post by NaomiM June 8th 2018, 7:43 pm

Not sure why there would be glaze in a chip on the foot rim. Looks like it’s been painted after firing

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31419
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Small vase - Japanese? 20cms Any Help much appreciated  Empty Re: Small vase - Japanese? 20cms Any Help much appreciated

Post by abstract toad June 9th 2018, 12:52 pm

Reminds me a little of a large Chinese flambe piece I had. The glaze had been broken off very crudely around the base and a couple of folk that had seen it thought it was damaged and chipped, thank goodness I knew different and was very quick to grab hold of it.

I may be wide of the mark here, but it does look like it has some age, I would have thought late 19th century as I believe that the earlier pieces (with few exceptions) do no have glaze all of the way down to the bottom.

Difficult to tell from the pictures to be sure of anything, but it looks like a good un on first glance.
abstract toad
abstract toad

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2018-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by abstract toad June 9th 2018, 6:07 pm

Chances are you may well find all you need to know on this site. But, the below link is well worth looking at and saving. Lots of useful info on Oriental ceramics here :

http://gotheborg.com/
abstract toad
abstract toad

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2018-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum