tenpot
Ian1978
NaomiM
bluenote
LKRC
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Slipware bowl / dish - Ceramy, Catalan, Spain Empty Slipware dish = Ceramica Aparicio - Ceramy, Catalan, Spain

Post by LKRC February 8th 2018, 12:08 pm

Slipware bowl / dish - Ceramy, Catalan, Spain 2346e110
Slipware bowl / dish - Ceramy, Catalan, Spain Dbdcfb10
Slipware bowl / dish - Ceramy, Catalan, Spain 502f8010
Slipware bowl / dish - Ceramy, Catalan, Spain 9d154110Help please to identify the signature on this beautiful colourful bowl ,just wondering if it maybe Australian,Any help would be much appreciated.
LKRC
LKRC

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2018-01-31

Back to top Go down

Slipware bowl / dish - Ceramy, Catalan, Spain Empty Re: Slipware bowl / dish - Ceramy, Catalan, Spain

Post by bluenote February 8th 2018, 5:35 pm

I wonder if its Spanish? I was looking at a couple of very similar dishes in one charity shop yesterday only to find a very similar set of dishes in another shop later that afternoon. The set of dishes were Spanish but the others unmarked. The decorative technique and colours are very easy to replicate. Can't help id the signature at the moment though. Was there a reason behind you thinking it was Australian?
bluenote
bluenote

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2017-10-10

Back to top Go down

Slipware bowl / dish - Ceramy, Catalan, Spain Empty Re: Slipware bowl / dish - Ceramy, Catalan, Spain

Post by bluenote February 8th 2018, 7:40 pm

Not sure if there is a technical name for the technique. Hopefully someone else may know. I'd probably just describe it as marbling as slipware, agateware and feathering all have there own specific meanings when it comes to decoration. Your bowl appears to be surface coloured rather than have slip or different coloured glazes applied - but do correct me if I'm wrong
bluenote
bluenote

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM February 8th 2018, 8:09 pm

As it’s a mix of coloured surface slips I’d just call it Slipware. It’s similar to Puigdemont pottery from Spain, although there’s also Buxo pottery, and Clara pottery in France, amongst others. I don’t recognise the name on this one.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31420
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by LKRC February 8th 2018, 10:46 pm

Many thanks ,I’ve got something to go on now ,I will post if I find out who it’s by .
LKRC
LKRC

Back to top Go down

Post by LKRC February 9th 2018, 10:34 am

Slipware bowl / dish - Ceramy, Catalan, Spain 3a01a910Better picture of the signature
LKRC
LKRC

Back to top Go down

Post by LKRC February 9th 2018, 3:47 pm

Hi have tried searching for it in Spanish potters but without any luck, now I will try French,many thanks
LKRC
LKRC

Back to top Go down

Post by bluenote February 16th 2018, 8:20 pm

Called in at the charity shop today and the set of dishes were still there so I checked out the label which was a modern Spanish one. They were made by Ceramica Aparicio and you can see examples which are close to yours on their website under the product title "Waters" ceramiquesaparicio.com. I didn't see any signatures on the charity shop pieces.
bluenote
bluenote

Back to top Go down

Post by LKRC February 16th 2018, 11:16 pm

Thank you  so much,I have had a look at the website and you are absolutely correct ,they are very similar indeed ,more research required trying to find the signature now thanks again
LKRC
LKRC

Back to top Go down

Slipware bowl / dish - Ceramy, Catalan, Spain Empty Slipware bowl / dish - Ceramy, Catalan, Spain

Post by Ian1978 April 25th 2018, 9:50 am

Can't see a name anywhere. Does anyone recognise it? Thanks. Slipware bowl / dish - Ceramy, Catalan, Spain Image55
Slipware bowl / dish - Ceramy, Catalan, Spain Image54
Ian1978
Ian1978

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2018-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM April 25th 2018, 10:29 am

There are several makers who do similar pieces, such as Martin Pettinger in Somerset, Weatheriggs, Thomas Buxo, and Spanish provincial ware. From the colour of the base and the lack of marks such as Pettifer’s dragonfly stamp, I think it’s Spanish.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM October 12th 2018, 10:35 pm

By Ceramy, Catalan, Spain

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM October 12th 2018, 10:40 pm

I believe it’s by By Ceramy, Catalan, Spain

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by tenpot October 13th 2018, 11:28 am

lots of this type of pottery are made in Bisbal Catalogne
tenpot
tenpot

Male Number of posts : 2635
Registration date : 2008-06-07

http://aucoustier.blogspot.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM October 13th 2018, 11:46 am

Excellent one with this signature turned up with a Catalan label

https://pin.it/3fi2glcz6o5t3q

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Slipware bowl / dish - Ceramy, Catalan, Spain Empty Signed modern large slipware bowl by Ceramy, Catalan, Spain

Post by Annie3465 February 19th 2020, 8:19 am

Slipware bowl / dish - Ceramy, Catalan, Spain Img_2015
Slipware bowl / dish - Ceramy, Catalan, Spain Img_2013
Slipware bowl / dish - Ceramy, Catalan, Spain Img_2014

Hello everyone
This is my first post, so not sure if I've done it correctly or the photos have unloaded. Does anyone recognise the signature on the lovely large bowl/platter? I've tried googling the shop label, but couldn't find anything. I can't see any other marks (except the signature), I've even looked under the sticker. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Anne
Annie3465
Annie3465

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2020-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM February 19th 2020, 10:44 am

Welcome to the forum :) 
Your bowl is French slipware, retailed in the U.K.  i can never remember how it’s pronounced; I’ll try to find the correct spelling

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie3465 February 20th 2020, 7:58 am

Thank you Naomi for replying so quickly, at least I know it's French, which is a big help. Thanks Anne Laughter
Annie3465
Annie3465

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM February 20th 2020, 7:19 pm

Took me a while to find it because it's Spanish, not French. D'oh.

https://www.20thcenturyforum.com/t22597-slipware-bowl-dish-ceramy-catalan-spain

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Slipware bowl / dish - Ceramy, Catalan, Spain Empty Thanks, but sorry I'm confused.

Post by Annie3465 February 22nd 2020, 9:17 pm

Hello Naomi

Thanks for replying again so quickly. But sorry for being very thick, I hope you can answer yet another question?
I think my plate is by Thomas Buxo as shown in the link you sent in your last message. BUT the signature is wrong. I do think the signature looks like the word Ceramy, which was also in your reply. But when I google Ceramy, nothing comes up.

Once again, apols for being thick, I've only just started getting interested in modern pottery, since I bought this bowl/platter and another pretty plate, so know absolutely nothing.
Ta
Anne

Annie3465
Annie3465

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM February 22nd 2020, 10:54 pm

I does look very like a Thomas Buxo design. He worked in Catalan in Spain and then Amsterdam in Holland. I’m guessing he was at Ceramy during his time in Spain Shrugs

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie3465 February 23rd 2020, 1:12 pm

Hi Naomi.

Oh I understand now.  Happy   Yep, it makes sense.
Thanks for your help, Anne
Annie3465
Annie3465

Back to top Go down

Slipware bowl / dish - Ceramy, Catalan, Spain Empty slipware pottery, signed Ceramy, Spain

Post by peterart July 10th 2021, 8:28 pm

OkSlipware bowl / dish - Ceramy, Catalan, Spain F5318410
Slipware bowl / dish - Ceramy, Catalan, Spain 2f30c810
Slipware bowl / dish - Ceramy, Catalan, Spain 186abc10
Hi ,
Does anyone know this pottery signature??
Thanks
peterart
peterart

Number of posts : 477
Registration date : 2016-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM July 10th 2021, 9:38 pm

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Slipware bowl / dish - Ceramy, Catalan, Spain Empty Anyone recognise signature on slipware wavy edge bowl - Ceramy, Spain

Post by PansyPotter December 14th 2022, 2:19 pm

But of a long-shot but you folk are always worth an ask. Thanks for taking time to look. PPSlipware bowl / dish - Ceramy, Catalan, Spain B34a7710
Slipware bowl / dish - Ceramy, Catalan, Spain 97aa8710
Slipware bowl / dish - Ceramy, Catalan, Spain B892e610Slipware bowl / dish - Ceramy, Catalan, Spain 9f0b6810

Last edited by PansyPotter on December 14th 2022, 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
PansyPotter
PansyPotter

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2022-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum