Studio pottery vase with chevron design on body, lf mark?

3 posters

Go down

Studio pottery vase with chevron design on body, lf mark?  Empty Studio pottery vase with chevron design on body, lf mark?

Post by Loupia April 16th 2018, 10:38 am

Can anyone help identify the vase in the photos please. It is 44 CMS high and 18 CMS across the shoulders with a longish neck and wide top. There is a potters mark on the base which appears to be an A or a triangle in an embossed square. The same mark is in the underside of the base, but is barely legible. There is no glaze. I bought it about 25 years ago from a shop owner who knew nothing about it but thought the potter was a woman.

Studio pottery vase with chevron design on body, lf mark?  Img_0111
Studio pottery vase with chevron design on body, lf mark?  Img_0110
Studio pottery vase with chevron design on body, lf mark?  Img_0113
Studio pottery vase with chevron design on body, lf mark?  Img_0112
Studio pottery vase with chevron design on body, lf mark?  Img_0114
Loupia
Loupia

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2018-04-15

Back to top Go down

Studio pottery vase with chevron design on body, lf mark?  Empty Re: Studio pottery vase with chevron design on body, lf mark?

Post by denbydump April 16th 2018, 11:03 am

I will move this to ID my pottery
denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 7217
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

Studio pottery vase with chevron design on body, lf mark?  Empty Re: Studio pottery vase with chevron design on body, lf mark?

Post by philpot April 16th 2018, 2:08 pm

On looking at the first photo I was reminded very much of the flange forms of major potter Ursula Morley Price. Excellent form. But the close ups of the surface decoration are rather a disappointment. Its all too rough and not smooth enough. Equally its not Ursula Price's mark, which a clear M with a line over.
Maybe somebody attempting somewhat similar in the 70's when this flange form was very popular.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6396
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum