Art Deco Scottie (or other breed) Bookends?

3 posters

Go down

Art Deco Scottie (or other breed) Bookends? Empty Art Deco Scottie (or other breed) Bookends?

Post by petet63 February 17th 2018, 11:04 am

Not my usual purchase but it looked good. Is it Art Deco or for some reason Japan comes to mind. I looked at the marks and got nothing. Any Clues?
Art Deco Scottie (or other breed) Bookends? <a href=Art Deco Scottie (or other breed) Bookends? 20180216_135403" />
Art Deco Scottie (or other breed) Bookends? 20180216_135336
Art Deco Scottie (or other breed) Bookends? 20180216_135240
petet63
petet63

Male Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2010-01-04

Back to top Go down

Art Deco Scottie (or other breed) Bookends? Empty Re: Art Deco Scottie (or other breed) Bookends?

Post by NaomiM February 17th 2018, 12:40 pm

I have a few similar ones. I believe they are 1920s-30s in date. The number is likely to be a registration or patent number so you might date it that way. Unfortunately no maker’s mark so likely to be by a minor Staffordshire factory rather than one of  the main players like SylvaC

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31292
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Art Deco Scottie (or other breed) Bookends? Empty Re: Art Deco Scottie (or other breed) Bookends?

Post by denbydump February 17th 2018, 2:55 pm

With numbers like that on the base I would suggest German.
denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 7189
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 17th 2018, 5:45 pm

Nicely done and a refreshing change from the green terriers that seem to be everywhere.
Sorry I cannot add anything useful, just to say that they are nice, the steps add something different too.

Back to top Go down

Post by petet63 February 17th 2018, 9:16 pm

Thanks for the comments. I have seen similar but without the steps which does, as you say, add something different. Art deco I am happy with.
petet63
petet63

Male Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2010-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum