aquatint / unknown artist - Hal Hurst

2 posters

Go down

aquatint / unknown artist - Hal Hurst  Empty aquatint / unknown artist - Hal Hurst

Post by merlin February 8th 2018, 2:19 pm

I am presuming, perhaps wrongly, that the attached artwork is an aquatint...? [forgive me if i'm mistaken]!

Entitled 'The Craftsman Cairo' i cannot decipher the artists signature and wondered if anyone on this forum might have an idea.

The print looks fairly old and the script nature of the pencil writing at base leads me to believe it has some age.

Any thoughts welcomed...positive or negative!

aquatint / unknown artist - Hal Hurst  00118

aquatint / unknown artist - Hal Hurst  00315

aquatint / unknown artist - Hal Hurst  00413
merlin
merlin

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2017-11-08

Back to top Go down

aquatint / unknown artist - Hal Hurst  Empty Re: aquatint / unknown artist - Hal Hurst

Post by Clarehelen July 11th 2018, 11:14 pm

Hello, only just come across your post. This is by Hal Hurst (1865-1938), a British artist who produced many exotic and Middle Eastern scenes. Clare
Clarehelen
Clarehelen

Female Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2016-06-09

Back to top Go down

aquatint / unknown artist - Hal Hurst  Empty Re: aquatint / unknown artist - Hal Hurst

Post by merlin July 12th 2018, 8:40 am

Many many thanks Clare...I didn't think i'd ever identify the artist...!

Much appreciated...!
merlin
merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarehelen July 12th 2018, 9:10 am

It's a pleasure. I was so pleased to be able to answer a question for a change, rather than just asking for other people's help all the time!
Clarehelen
Clarehelen

Female Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2016-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by merlin July 13th 2018, 5:08 pm

Just a quick note about my picture by Hal Hurst should anyone care to know...!

Found a small oil painting by this artist on Artnet website that is called 'the copper stall' and it is obviously linked to my picture as it depicts the same gentleman!

So presumably this hand coloured etching of mine is from a few sketches that Hal Hurst carried out before completing a finished oil painting...!

I find it all so interesting...[obviously]!
merlin
merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum