Help to ID Pair of 1930s Drip Glaze Vases

2 posters

Go down

Help to ID Pair of 1930s Drip Glaze Vases Empty Help to ID Pair of 1930s Drip Glaze Vases

Post by Clarehelen August 14th 2017, 9:59 am

Hello again - here is another of my boot sale finds that I have been unable to identify. Can anyone help?
This unusual pair of vases are made of light orange coloured clay and are covered with a glossy blue, green, brown and white drip glaze, with the red clay showing through in places.
They have some raised decoration round the sides, almost like tube lining but thicker. Round the waists and bottoms of the vases are raised zig-zags, and on the back and front of each is a curious raised geometric design - two overlapping squares with 6 raised dots in one, and one raised dot in the other. They look a bit like the sides of a dice or a square domino. The design has a bit of an Art Deco look, so I'm guessing they date to the 1930s when drip glazes were also quite common.
There is an indistinct impressed mark to the bottom of each. They stand 16.5cm tall.
It would be great if anyone could point me in the right direction with identification.
Thanks, Clare

Help to ID Pair of 1930s Drip Glaze Vases P1360514
Help to ID Pair of 1930s Drip Glaze Vases P1360515
Help to ID Pair of 1930s Drip Glaze Vases P1360516
Help to ID Pair of 1930s Drip Glaze Vases P1360513
Help to ID Pair of 1930s Drip Glaze Vases P1360512
Clarehelen
Clarehelen

Female Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2016-06-09

Back to top Go down

Help to ID Pair of 1930s Drip Glaze Vases Empty Re: Help to ID Pair of 1930s Drip Glaze Vases

Post by denbydump August 14th 2017, 10:04 am

My first thought was Denbac, but not sure the clay is right.
Got a feeling they may be continental.
denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 7189
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

Help to ID Pair of 1930s Drip Glaze Vases Empty Re: Help to ID Pair of 1930s Drip Glaze Vases

Post by Clarehelen August 14th 2017, 2:49 pm

Hello - thanks for the suggestion. Denbac is not a pottery I'm familiar with but having looked at examples on the net, the glaze does seem very similar to some pieces. However, as you say, the clay does seem a bit darker, plus I can't find anything with a mark that could resemble this backstamp. I spend a bit more time browsing Denbac and see if I can come up with anything else. Clare
Clarehelen
Clarehelen

Female Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2016-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum