Please help with this trinket box, hand-painted with Japanese (?) writing?

2 posters

Go down

Please help with this trinket box, hand-painted with Japanese (?) writing?  Empty Please help with this trinket box, hand-painted with Japanese (?) writing?

Post by Squash June 13th 2017, 1:47 am

This is a small heart-shaped trinket box, about 5" across. It has writing on the bottom, is hand-painted with gold and colored flowers. I am clueless here and would be grateful for any info regarding style, age, etc. Thank you!

Please help with this trinket box, hand-painted with Japanese (?) writing?  Img_2511
Please help with this trinket box, hand-painted with Japanese (?) writing?  Img_2510
Please help with this trinket box, hand-painted with Japanese (?) writing?  Img_2512
Squash
Squash

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2016-02-24

Back to top Go down

Please help with this trinket box, hand-painted with Japanese (?) writing?  Empty Re: Please help with this trinket box, hand-painted with Japanese (?) writing?

Post by NaomiM June 13th 2017, 11:00 am

You may find the mark listed on the Gotheborg.com website

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31419
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Please help with this trinket box, hand-painted with Japanese (?) writing?  Empty Re: Please help with this trinket box, hand-painted with Japanese (?) writing?

Post by Squash June 13th 2017, 1:00 pm

Thank you I didn't find anything on there. Honestly I'm not even sure it's Japanese! Any ideas?
Squash
Squash

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM June 13th 2017, 6:15 pm

Judging by the amount of gold coloured enamel, and the peony decoration I think it's most likely to be Japanese, or possibly from Hong Kong. Made for the Western market. But it's not a style I'm familiar with, sorry.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31419
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Squash June 13th 2017, 6:18 pm

Thank you much appreciated. So would you guess 2nd half of 20th century or.... ?
Squash
Squash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum