PLEASE Help me identify this unique piece

3 posters

Go down

PLEASE Help me identify this unique piece Empty PLEASE Help me identify this unique piece

Post by justagirlnamedjane June 2nd 2017, 7:33 am

I have acquired an interesting piece of handmade pottery adorned with brass I believe. It looks old. There are no stamps or anything to identify its origin. I cant find any similar items on the web. Does anyone know what region and period this is from or even what it was used for.

PLEASE Help me identify this unique piece Img_2017
PLEASE Help me identify this unique piece Img_2016
PLEASE Help me identify this unique piece Img_2015
PLEASE Help me identify this unique piece Img_2014
PLEASE Help me identify this unique piece Img_2013
PLEASE Help me identify this unique piece Img_2012
PLEASE Help me identify this unique piece Img_2010
PLEASE Help me identify this unique piece Img_2011
justagirlnamedjane
justagirlnamedjane

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2017-06-02

Back to top Go down

PLEASE Help me identify this unique piece Empty Re: PLEASE Help me identify this unique piece

Post by NaomiM June 2nd 2017, 11:06 am

Metal decoration of Ceramics is common in the Middle East. Could be from Iran-Afghanistan-India area. There isn't enough patina on the metal work for it to be very old. Likely to be from the 1980s or later.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31290
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

PLEASE Help me identify this unique piece Empty Re: PLEASE Help me identify this unique piece

Post by Mordeep June 2nd 2017, 5:54 pm

Got to agree with NaomiM, looks middle eastern/Indian. The mixed use of materials and the aged look is very common in what these countries make for modern interiors in the west.

Next time you get a chance to visit a big antique fair or an area with lots of quality antique stores go an explore. The sellers are normally happy to talk to you and let you handle items. You will find it does not take much experience to tell the difference between actually old and looking old. Unfortunately that experience comes from holding something in your hand, feeling its surface and how it has worn. Not everyone gets that chance. So if you can grab it.
Mordeep
Mordeep

Male Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2015-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by justagirlnamedjane June 2nd 2017, 6:03 pm

That is very valuable advice and I am grateful for the input. I will have to season this new found interest. Thank you
justagirlnamedjane
justagirlnamedjane

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2017-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum