Studio Pottery Bowl - c. 1990, who made it?

2 posters

Go down

Studio Pottery Bowl - c. 1990, who made it? Empty Studio Pottery Bowl - c. 1990, who made it?

Post by Mike.T April 10th 2017, 9:21 pm

I bought this bowl recently at a local auction in Kent, UK because I liked it. It stands 6.5 inches tall and 13 inches in diameter. I know the chestnut wooden stand was made to order in about 1995 for the owner, Mr Richard Lankester. The markings on the base of the bowl include the UK post code, "ME17 4LT", "OFH" for Old Farm House and CMT (?), the makers mark (?) Mr Lankester lived in Boughton Monchelsea, Kent, England.my efforts to trace Mr Lankester or find out more about the bowl have been fruitless, please can anyone help?

Mike.TStudio Pottery Bowl - c. 1990, who made it? Image13
Studio Pottery Bowl - c. 1990, who made it? Image14
Studio Pottery Bowl - c. 1990, who made it? Image15
Mike.T
Mike.T

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-04-10

Back to top Go down

Studio Pottery Bowl - c. 1990, who made it? Empty Re: Studio Pottery Bowl - c. 1990, who made it?

Post by NaomiM April 10th 2017, 10:28 pm

I think you could be right about the Marks being the owner's postcode, but the potter's mark seems to be an MTC monogram

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31292
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Studio Pottery Bowl - c. 1990, who made it? Empty Re: Studio Pottery Bowl - c. 1990, who made it?

Post by Mike.T April 11th 2017, 8:15 am

Thank you very much. I have done some quick googling on MTC potters and there look to be several possibilities for me to look into. Best regards, Mie.T
Mike.T
Mike.T

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum