paperweight, WF or WFS code - Eric Brakken at Glasshouse Studio in Seattle

Go down

paperweight, WF or WFS code - Eric Brakken at Glasshouse Studio in Seattle Empty paperweight, WF or WFS code - Eric Brakken at Glasshouse Studio in Seattle

Post by Tim_B February 25th 2017, 5:05 am

Hi, can someone please help identify the glass paperweight shown in these photos? It's 5 inches tall, 4 inches at the widest, and 1 inch deep.

It has a 1990 date, a signature on the side that seems to start with an "E," and what looks like "WFS 0014" on the bottom.

Thanks in advance!

paperweight, WF or WFS code - Eric Brakken at Glasshouse Studio in Seattle Paperw11
paperweight, WF or WFS code - Eric Brakken at Glasshouse Studio in Seattle Paperw13
paperweight, WF or WFS code - Eric Brakken at Glasshouse Studio in Seattle Paperw10
paperweight, WF or WFS code - Eric Brakken at Glasshouse Studio in Seattle Paperw12
Tim_B
Tim_B

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-01-21

Back to top Go down

paperweight, WF or WFS code - Eric Brakken at Glasshouse Studio in Seattle Empty Re: paperweight, WF or WFS code - Eric Brakken at Glasshouse Studio in Seattle

Post by Tim_B March 3rd 2017, 2:21 am

Hi, I was able to get the answer from another glass message board, and I wanted to post it here in case anyone is wondering about this piece.

The artist was Eric Brakken at Glasshouse Studio in Seattle. I emailed the studio and they confirmed it.

They even still make a modern-day version of the same piece: http://www.glasshouse-studio.com/image/99181235.jpg

The WFS is their code for Weight Flat Sided. (Other codes they use include WSF for Weight Single Flower, WRA for Weight Round Abstract, WOA for Weight Optical Abstract, VFS for Vase Flat Sided, VFP for Vase Footed Petite, VFA for Vase Footed Abstract, etc.).

Best regards,
Tim
Tim_B
Tim_B

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-01-21

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum